Si 2018 extended Honda Plus warranty?

J1811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys,

There are similar threads but feel like the SI has more bells a whistles that could break over the long term.

I am in Canada and thinking about buying an extended warranty 160 000 km / 6 years for 1800-1900$ CAD.

1. I'd like to know if you feel that it's worth it

2. Have you had anything major break past the base 60 000 km (bumper to bumper) / 100 000 km (power train)? If so what was it?

Thanks alot
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
I bought my extended HondaCare warranty from Hyannis Honda in Massachusetts... I got an 8 yr, 120,000 mi warranty for just over $1000 USD. Not sure if that would cover a Canadian Si or not...but it was almost $900 less than what the dealership wanted to rip me for. I think it's worth it to me, but I had already overpaid for one on the '15 Si that I traded in. Honda pretty much refunded most of that one, since it was only 1 yr old, so out of pocket for the new one was less than $100, so it was a no-brainer for me.

I don't know as anyone has gone past factory warranty yet - you'd have to drive a heck of a lot to do that by now...

If you can't purchase from Hyannis...I'd look for the Canadian equivalent - you don't have to buy it from the same dealer you buy the car from...at least..you don't have to in the U.S.

Soundwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fc3 si
Country flag
Bought a 2018 si coupe last week in Ontario. paid 15oo for that warranty. good deal imo

OP
OP

J1811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI
Country flag
Bought a 2018 si coupe last week in Ontario. paid 15oo for that warranty. good deal imo
That's what I would be willing to shell out. Did they include lifetime oil change? It's part of their offer here!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Yeah I paid ~$1700 for mine, includes free oil changes IIRC. It also goes with the car, not the buyer, so it will help resale value.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Yeah I paid ~$1700 for mine, includes free oil changes IIRC. It also goes with the car, not the buyer, so it will help resale value.
Do dealers care about extended warranties on trade ins? I've never asked.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Do dealers care about extended warranties on trade ins? I've never asked.
They should offer you more because it travels with the car, not the buyer. Probably get more in a private sale, but it's definitely worth mentioning during the negotiation process.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
They should offer you more because it travels with the car, not the buyer. Probably get more in a private sale, but it's definitely worth mentioning during the negotiation process.
Not necessarily true - Honda cashed mine out when I traded my '15 for my '17...then I went and bought from Hyannis...so...whoever got my '15, most likely got the remainder of the factory warranty, I assume.

nomorevtec

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean si sedan,Venza,335xi
Country flag
I paid cad1300. And I also drive 25000km a year. For me I think that's worth.
Sponsored