Show me your aftermarket shift knob

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
How do you keep the boot up on aftermarket shift knobs?

I tried to gorilla glue the ring at the top of the boot to the bottom of my last aftermarket shift knob, but it didn't stick.
I am using the Acuity boot collar. I wanted something simple where I don't have to worry about screwing around w/ it just to keep the boot up.
Sponsored

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Mugen knob with Acuity collar and suede shift boot.

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob IMG_20191030_104030_2

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just bought and installed a Skunk2 weighted shift knob.

Not putting it up right now, but I don't know man... not really digging it so far. It looks small, feels small, and although the weight is nice I'm not getting a nice feel of it like I do the stock one.

I still have yet to actually see a shift knob in this thread (and I've seen every page) that I think looks better than the stock shift knob. I'd like one that functions better for sure, though... and based off of reviews I thought I'd try the Skunk2 first. So far, not my cup of tea. We'll see if I get used to it enough or if there is just a better one out there for me.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag

Not putting it up right now, but I don't know man... not really digging it so far. It looks small, feels small, and although the weight is nice I'm not getting a nice feel of it like I do the stock one.

I still have yet to actually see a shift knob in this thread (and I've seen every page) that I think looks better than the stock shift knob. I'd like one that functions better for sure, though... and based off of reviews I thought I'd try the Skunk2 first. So far, not my cup of tea. We'll see if I get used to it enough or if there is just a better one out there for me.
No love on the Raceseng Slammer or Ashiko?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No love on the Raceseng Slammer or Ashiko?
I'm looking into them right now. I didn't like the ones I saw from others, but probably because they didn't do the sphereology one with the cover around it.

I need to know if they work with an Acuity short shifter though, provided that I also have their shift collar boot.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
I'm looking into them right now. I didn't like the ones I saw from others, but probably because they didn't do the sphereology one with the cover around it.

I need to know if they work with an Acuity short shifter though, provided that I also have their shift collar boot.
They can work but it requires some modification. I have a Raceseng on the Acuity shifter with Acuity boot collar.

The problem is that the knobs are countersunk so the knob sits too low for the Acuity collar to "snap" into place where it does. On mine, I stacked 4-5 small washers that fit the inside of my knob perfectly, THEN installed the Raceseng adapter, so the knob can thread on but stop before going too low to prevent the Acuity collar from fitting.
Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob upload_2019-11-26_10-22-23

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They can work but it requires some modification. I have a Raceseng on the Acuity shifter with Acuity boot collar.

The problem is that the knobs are countersunk so the knob sits too low for the Acuity collar to "snap" into place where it does. On mine, I stacked 4-5 small washers that fit the inside of my knob perfectly, THEN installed the Raceseng adapter, so the knob can thread on but stop before going too low to prevent the Acuity collar from fitting.
upload_2019-11-26_10-22-23.png
Thanks, I may have to inquire about this when I get the short shifter installed.

domicubarican

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Installed my Raceseng Slammer yesterday on my lunch break. I need to get the collar for the boot, the knob sits lower than the stock collar so I can't clip it back up. Overall I like it, definitely has some weight to it. And the quality is phenomenal!

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob 20191125_121609

jacobzl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
That looks clean!

Is the shift knob any heavier than stock? Does it feel better now when shifting?
It's marginally heavier than stock i haven't weighed them it might actually not even be heavier, the shift knob has an integrated collar that allows it to sit lower than OEM so the throw feels shorter

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Installed my Raceseng Slammer yesterday on my lunch break. I need to get the collar for the boot, the knob sits lower than the stock collar so I can't clip it back up. Overall I like it, definitely has some weight to it. And the quality is phenomenal!

20191125_121609.jpg
What's that USB connector you have there? Looks like 2 wires going into a single USB adapter.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Exactly where I'm at as well. I have the Skunk2, and the weight is fine, but I use the stock knob 99% of the time. Then when I feel bored I'll put the Skunk2 on, shift it a few times, and switch right back to stock.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag

Here's my sphereology in red satin translucent in my CTR. It's huge and heavy and I've been completely satisfied. Only took me about a week to receive after ordering.

Honda Civic 10th gen Show me your aftermarket shift knob IMG_20191028_021556

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Here's my sphereology in red satin translucent in my CTR. It's huge and heavy and I've been completely satisfied. Only took me about a week to receive after ordering.
that's what she said