jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I don’t know why I was looking but I was and I found this hole under the driver door. I checked the other doors and they don’t have this hole. Can anyone tell me what it’s there for and/ or if you have it?
Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Should this hole be here? image
Sponsored

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I did... 25,000 miles

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What do you think it was done for?

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just found out it was because of paintless dent repair. Well I never noticed it so I guess it’s fine lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to put some anti-corrosion stuff on it and find a plug to cover that hole up. It looks to already be rusting quite a bit.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yea I plan on plugging it up and all tomorrow morning when I go into work

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
It looks rusted. Sand Away the rust and paint over it. Then plug

GKCB

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
What do you think it was done for?
I know some places that do rust proofing will drill holes in areas just like that so they can spray inside. That’s the only reasonable explanation. I’ve seen something similar on a car who’s window seals were leaking water and it was filling up inside the door and he elected to drill a hole instead of replacing the window seals. Now that was on a shitty car so I’ll stick with rust protection but are you sure there’s no other holes bc now I’m confused lol. Also they typically put a plastic cap to cover holes after drilling. Do the other doors have round plastic inserts where they may have drilled and you just didn’t notice? Hope this helps

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I know some places that do rust proofing will drill holes in areas just like that so they can spray inside. That’s the only reasonable explanation. I’ve seen something similar on a car who’s window seals were leaking water and it was filling up inside the door and he elected to drill a hole instead of replacing the window seals. Now that was on a shitty car so I’ll stick with rust protection but are you sure there’s no other holes bc now I’m confused lol. Also they typically put a plastic cap to cover holes after drilling. Do the other doors have round plastic inserts where they may have drilled and you just didn’t notice? Hope this helps
This was the only hole I found in all doors. I think it was a paintless dent repair. You can see a small ding right above it on the door. Looks like someone opened the driver door and hit something. I was able to find a rubber cap and shove it up there so it’s all good now.

GKCB

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
This was the only hole I found in all doors. I think it was a paintless dent repair. You can see a small ding right above it on the door. Looks like someone opened the driver door and hit something. I was able to find a rubber cap and shove it up there so it’s all good now.[/QUOTE
Nice haha lucky you found the cap. I never thought of a dent repair. That makes sense given the small ding that exists
Sponsored