Should I trade my Sport Hatch in for an Si Coupe?

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hi guys,

I have a 17 Sport Hatch (6 Speed) and it's a great little car. I think the hatches look the best but I feel like that opinion is slowly waning. I'm liking to Si coupe a lot (especially in the gray color) and I also love that it comes with everything as far as luxury amenities go.

My sport hatch is literally almost the same car - same bumper and wheels - so exterior wise, i feel it doesnt really make sense. But the big thing is; my hatch just feels so damn cheap. no sunroof, no upgraded headunit, four speakers...its basically a base model civic with the si bumper and wheels.

So, would you trade a sport hatch for an Si coupe?
Sponsored

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Have you driven the Si yet?

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Correction the Si is an Ex Sedan/Coupe with Sport Hatch bumpers and wheels.

Don’t do it man the only way up from the Hatch is a Type R.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
If you get a good deal then go for it. LSD, Adaptive Suspension, Sport Mode, bigger brakes, different turbo set up( 9 blades instead of 11), and different bushings for a stiffer more responsive car.

Not to mention Sunroof and better stereo. Ohh and the seats

OP
OP
maaaaackle

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
If you get a good deal then go for it. LSD, Adaptive Suspension, Sport Mode, bigger brakes, different turbo set up( 9 blades instead of 11), and different bushings for a stiffer more responsive car.

Not to mention Sunroof and better stereo. Ohh and the seats
Do the SI's come with keyless entry ?

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
I had a Sport Touring with the CVT. I traded it for my SI and so happy I did. If you really enjoy driving I say go for it if it's financially possible.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was torn between the hatch and Si. I ultimately went with the Si because of the extra goodies for not that much more vs the EX Hatch. Im glad the hatch didn't have a manual in an EX trim, otherwise I would have probably gotten that car over the Si.

Upgrading speakers and doing some aftermarket stuff should make you feel better. The Si doesn't have that much of a difference to justify a swap. You are ultimately missing: LSD, chassis, brakes, dampers, and miscellaneous things like stereo and roof. No way is that enough to justify a change in my opinion. Now if you were to say trade to go up to a Type R.... that's a different story.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
If you get a good deal and plan on keeping the Si long term (10+years) then it won't hurt you as much financially. This is what I did, when I bought a brand new 06 Civic EX and then the Si's came out in Sedan form. Traded it in for an 08 and kept it for close to 10 years.

OP
OP
maaaaackle

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
If you get a good deal and plan on keeping the Si long term (10+years) then it won't hurt you as much financially. This is what I did, when I bought a brand new 06 Civic EX and then the Si's came out in Sedan form. Traded it in for an 08 and kept it for close to 10 years.
What would be considered a good deal though?

I bought my sport hatch with a trade in and a little down so im sure the depreciation has kicked me in the ass.

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
When I bought my hatch they had a black Si 4 door on the lot. I was really torn between the 2. I went with the hatch. To me the hatch styling is much nicer then the si (not a fan of those wings). Also all of those amenities you speak of you may notice you never use. 9 out of my past 11 cars had a sun roof... never used any of them.... Save the wieght save the money and keep the hatch... Upgrade your suspension with the savings and buy the Si turbo from the dealer ($750) and call it a day lol.
Sponsored