Should I trade my '13 Corvette Grand Sport for a CTR?

Would you trade?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
Country flag
I am seriously considering (if I ever find a Red CTR) trading my vette for it. I love the vette but, as a car guy I also understand just how special the CTR is. Those that have the CTR what do you think.

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Should I trade my '13 Corvette Grand Sport for a CTR? IMG_6109.JPG
Sponsored

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
That looks pretty sharp dude, can you share more details about the vette? Like condition, miles, remaining warranty, etc...

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought it in March of 2016 only had 4k miles then now just turned 31k miles, it has the 3lt package and it's in excellent condition. I bought an extended warranty that goes to 75k miles. My plan was to drive it till April of 2018 when my daughter gets out of nursing school and then get the C7 Grand Sport but, i am really liking what I see in the new Type R's . I'm sure I do much better selling it than trading it to a dealer, so I might go that route 1st if I decide to pursue the CTR. My other option is to just wait it out till new April and keep it and get the CTR then maybe they will be easier to find. I'm probably the oldest person here looking for a CTR lol I don't car though I love cars.

IamMrRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 HRV, 18 Wrangler JK, 17 Wrangler JKU, 07 Pilot, 06 Chevy Express, 02 Chry PTC, 01 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
You could, but be prepared to see the owner of that dealership drivin' around town in your 'vette. Your year/color/trim rare for sale 2 or 3 of 7 nationwide search on cars.com CTR will be a dime a dozen in six months; your lovely corvette, gone forever . . .

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could, but be prepared to see the owner of that dealership drivin' around town in your 'vette. Your year/color/trim rare for sale 2 or 3 of 7 nationwide search on cars.com CTR will be a dime a dozen in six months; your lovely corvette, gone forever . . .
ha, yeah that is what bothers me

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
you mean like the 400 corvettes seen every day here in michigan? lol, there are more corvettes than mustangs, they are the epitome of dime a dozen. "Everyone" has or can get a corvette. and they have been making them non-stop for damn, what almost 60 years? how many Type-Rs are there?

IamMrRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 HRV, 18 Wrangler JK, 17 Wrangler JKU, 07 Pilot, 06 Chevy Express, 02 Chry PTC, 01 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
@Dr_Drache
Reinforces my point. Few for sale + lots of satisfied knowledgeable owners = KEEP THIS CAR!

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've thought a lot about your quest and can't say I'd recommend it.

The Corvette has much more power, is an actual sports car, is already past the worst of it's depreciation, and is more prestigious than most anything with a Honda badge on it. I think the CTR is a great car and "the heart wants what the heart wants" but in my opinion the pros do not outweigh the cons.

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've thought a lot about your quest and can't say I'd recommend it.

The Corvette has much more power, is an actual sports car, is already past the worst of it's depreciation, and is more prestigious than most anything with a Honda badge on it. I think the CTR is a great car and "the heart wants what the heart wants" but in my opinion the pros do not outweigh the cons.
Thanks
I guess my best bet is to wait till next year, I think then I can just keep the vette and get the CTR at that point.

OP
OP

mjonesjr8

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the quick response to this, I appreciate it.

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
just keep the vette and get a CTR?

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
I am seriously considering (if I ever find a Red CTR) trading my vette for it. I love the vette but, as a car guy I also understand just how special the CTR is. Those that have the CTR what do you think.

Thanks

IMG_6109.JPG
Dude are you outta your mind??? I could have picked up a nice red 2014 stingray, I've been wanting another vette since I sold my 07 Z06 but my wife said noooooooo. So I asked her if I could get a civic and boom I got the R...... now she's pissed at the civic.... go figure. Keep the vette.

Last edited:

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
That's a beautiful vette, I say keep it and maybe get the R down the line.

Evolution999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me: 2014 Evo X MR, 2014 Nissan 370Z Nimso, For the mrs: 2015 BMW M3 Sedan
Country flag
Is this a troll to see how many homers choose the civic? If you trade that car for anything fwd you're an idiot

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't drink the Kool-Aid. Keep the Vette. And. I'm a Honda fanboi!
Sponsored