Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Honda Civic Si sedan

So I bought myself the FlashPro, deleted my mufflers, and I'm planning on also purchasing a PRL catless downpipe. I will tune my car afterwards.

My question is; should I also remove the main catalytic converter to improve exhaust flow from the turbo? Will that help or is it a bad idea?

Note: I intend to leave the resonator in place.

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
its the biggest restriction in the exhaust. its the best bang for your buck other than a tuner for mods

The resonator is not that much a restriction. unless you like droning in the car then i wouldnt want to remove it

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing in the midpipe is not a cat, so go ahead, all it does is change sound, good or bad it won't really hinder performance.

OP
OP
Pepinho

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing in the midpipe is not a cat, so go ahead, all it does is change sound, good or bad it won't really hinder performance.
Fuck I must have misspoken. I meant to reference the cat that's under the car. I do intend to leave the resonator.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fuck I must have misspoken. I meant to reference the cat that's under the car. I do intend to leave the resonator.
I'd say go for it, even though I'm in CA and have to pass smog in 5 years, I removed mine knowing I can always go back. So far the only downside I've noticed is the smell of exhaust behind the car but when you're driving, it shouldn't bother you.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
The only cat is on the Downpipe from the turbo in the engine bay...

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
2017 Honda Civic Si sedan

So I bought myself the FlashPro, deleted my mufflers, and I'm planning on also purchasing a PRL catless downpipe. I will tune my car afterwards.

My question is; should I also remove the main catalytic converter to improve exhaust flow from the turbo? Will that help or is it a bad idea?

Note: I intend to leave the resonator in place.

Thank you for your help!
Do you hate the environment? Do you hate the health of everyone around your car?

If you are selfish person who values the sound of his car over the well being of others, then it might be for you.

OP
OP
Pepinho

Pepinho

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you hate the environment? Do you hate the health of everyone around your car?

If you are selfish person who values the sound of his car over the well being of others, then it might be for you.
thanks for your input.

Jesse_drummer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
If I have a 2016 Honda Civic 1.5 turbo , and I remove the cat converter will I get a check engine light ?
Sponsored