Should I learn manual for a Civic Type R?

TedatLV

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is 200t
I heard about the Honda made manual is easier than other. I am planning to learn manual for this dream car. Could you guys give me some ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
The CTR is very easy to drive & with the basic knowledge of how to operate a l car, you will be fine as beginner. It doesn’t take long to learn stick shift.

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
It is much easier to drive than other manual cars I have owned. Gear shifting is effortless and smooth, not like some others that seem to require a trick or extra finesse to find all the gears.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. Regardless of the car.

Yes.

I learned how to drive a manual by making a >1 hour long drive to pick up my first 300zx when I was 17. My old man took me to get the car.

As he drove off and left me with the car he told me he was sure I'd make it back eventually and good luck. I wasn't a pretty drive home and I stalled it once or twice but I was 10x the driver by the time I made it home. Until that day, the only manual I'd driven was a tractor on the farm.

TradosKicks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 Type R
Country flag
If you want to learn, then go for it! My advise would be to find a friend or something who drives a manual and is willing to let you beat up their car a little bit. As mentioned it is not rocket science and you will pick it up rather quickly (I think).

agentbilly

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2015 Honda Fit, 2014 Victory Judge, 2000 Toyota Camry
If you ever get the chance to learn manual it is 100% worth it. After driving a sports car with manual, it will be hard to ever go back. paddle shifters are just not the same.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Regardless of the car.

Yes.

I learned how to drive a manual by making a >1 hour long drive to pick up my first 300zx when I was 17. My old man took me to get the car.

As he drove off and left me with the car he told me he was sure I'd make it back eventually and good luck. I wasn't a pretty drive home and I stalled it once or twice but I was 10x the driver by the time I made it home. Until that day, the only manual I'd driven was a tractor on the farm.
Similar to me. Back in the 80's (yeah I'm that old) I really wanted an '84 CRX. I actually got one of the first ones imported into the US. The only thing was they only came in manuals and I hadn't owned a manual car before. Wow, that drive home was dicey, but I made it and the rest is history. Honda has always made great manuals with an easy to use clutch.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
I learned how to drive a manual by making a >1 hour long drive to pick up my first 300zx when I was 17. My old man took me to get the car..
I was in the same boat. I drove 2 hours to buy my '00 Si and back then I've driven a manual a few times but I was in no ways proficient at it. Let's just say it was an interesting drive home lol

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
It's one of the easier cars i've driven. Easiest was an NA miata with a friction point the size of a football field. Easier than the 3G TL 6MT I had a few years ago.

OP
OP

TedatLV

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is 200t
Thanks guys, I am looking for a new CTR now.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
This car is super easy to drive. Light clutch, low end torque, hill start assist, etc.

I believe there is a person on here who didn't know how to drive a stick shift and bought a ctr then learned lol. I think it was Zeffy something. @Zeffy94 I think. Sorry if I'm wrong and tagged the wrong person lol.
Sponsored