Short shifter adapter or short shifter kit

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
thinking about getting a short shifter but I see a short shift adapter. What’s the difference and do you need both or is getting one of them just enough?
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
On the short shift adapter, you need to remove your center console and install the piece on the bottom of your shifter lever.

On the short shifter, you go into the engine compartment and change the transmission attachment point.

Or is it the other way around? I think that the engine compartment one is the better idea of the two, but check out the installation videos and decide for yourself.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the short shift adapter, you need to remove your center console and install the piece on the bottom of your shifter lever.

On the short shifter, you go into the engine compartment and change the transmission attachment point.

Or is it the other way around? I think that the engine compartment one is the better idea of the two, but check out the installation videos and decide for yourself.

Yeah just get Alta Performance shifter parts or Acuity lol they are the best imo

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah just get Alta Performance shifter parts or Acuity lol they are the best imo
Dope. So don’t even worry about the whole shift shifter assembly? Just the short throw adapter. They sold out of it on acuity lol ima have to find it somewhere else. Thanks bro I’m gonna order everything for my hatch from acuity

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dope. So don’t even worry about the whole shift shifter assembly? Just the short throw adapter. They sold out of it on acuity lol ima have to find it somewhere else. Thanks bro I’m gonna order everything for my hatch from acuity
Or you could wait for acuity to come out with their full short shifter assembly soon but not sure when

ACUITY

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We were just informed that Axion Industries (http://stores.axionind.com/) and Lightning Motorsports (lightnightmotorsports.com) both have a few of our (1923) short throw adapter in-stock still. :) We will have a new batch in a little over a week. The restock was delayed because we rejected some parts in QC and had to wait for them to be remade.

~russ

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were just informed that Axion Industries (http://stores.axionind.com/) and Lightning Motorsports (lightnightmotorsports.com) both have a few of our (1923) short throw adapter in-stock still. :) We will have a new batch in a little over a week. The restock was delayed because we rejected some parts in QC and had to wait for them to be remade.

~russ
I needed up getting it from k series parts. Can’t wait to receive all the parts so I can install it in my hatch super excited

OP
OP

fk7hatchbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acuity is releasing a full short shifter assembly soon wait for that. They dont disappoint
I’ll be looking forward to that I’m sure with the adapter on their new shifter would be nice?
Sponsored