IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just installed this part today on my 2018 Civic Si Sedan! Install took less than 30 minutes. (Way easier and shorter than installing a full on short shifter kit) A alternative way to install it other than what they have provided is to remove the battery and battery tray. It's more of a tight space but definitely doable and requires less disassembly. My first impressions are that the shifts are much more engaging, it for the most part gets rid of the clickiness in 2nd, 4th, and 6th, and overall just makes shifting all the more better. It definitely adds weight to the shift which I like. Along with this I have Acuity shifter cable bushings which just makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Great job Boomba on an amazing product!
Sponsored

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I just did the same upgrade last week! Great mod and when I did the base bushings and uprated spring it really came alive. I like the weight without having to change my Si knob out. I was really enjoying the slick & quick shifts on the way home today; shifting unnecessarily just to see if I could get it just right every time. Definitely OEM+.

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just did the same upgrade last week! Great mod and when I did the base bushings and uprated spring it really came alive. I like the weight without having to change my Si knob out. I was really enjoying the slick & quick shifts on the way home today; shifting unnecessarily just to see if I could get it just right every time. Definitely OEM+.
Yeah! I like the stock shift knob also. Did you change to Acuity bushings also? And is the spring you're talking about the one that brings the shifter back to the center? If so, how is that? I'm thinking of getting one also.

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yes, I've got the Acuity linkage bushings up front with the Boomba plate, as well as their base bushings and centering spring. Just the plate and 1st bush was a good mod, but everything together just sings and makes rowing through gears so sweet! I was worried about too much effort, but it has been calibrated beautifully.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Just installed this part today on my 2018 Civic Si Sedan! Install took less than 30 minutes. (Way easier and shorter than installing a full on short shifter kit) A alternative way to install it other than what they have provided is to remove the battery and battery tray. It's more of a tight space but definitely doable and requires less disassembly. My first impressions are that the shifts are much more engaging, it for the most part gets rid of the clickiness in 2nd, 4th, and 6th, and overall just makes shifting all the more better. It definitely adds weight to the shift which I like. Along with this I have Acuity shifter cable bushings which just makes the experience even more enjoyable.

Great job Boomba on an amazing product!
Yes, I've got the Acuity linkage bushings up front with the Boomba plate, as well as their base bushings and centering spring. Just the plate and 1st bush was a good mod, but everything together just sings and makes rowing through gears so sweet! I was worried about too much effort, but it has been calibrated beautifully.
Thanks for the positive reviews! We're glad to hear you're happy with these pieces!

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Any chance of a DIY video of the alternate battery and battery tray removal style of installation?

yyzcivic

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Sport Touring-MT
Country flag
I just installed via removal of battery tray. To me that was easier. Took me about an hour but it was a colder day and getting the clips out were a bit stiff to lift.
Difference is AMAZING, honestly well worth it. I drive 80km one way to work often in stop and go traffic and I don't see the added stiffness and rigidity to be a problem.
I also installed Acuity Shifter bushings at the same time since it made sense.

WARNING, if you are sign battery tray install method, be Very careful with hardware falling (happened to me).

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
I just installed via removal of battery tray. To me that was easier. Took me about an hour but it was a colder day and getting the clips out were a bit stiff to lift.
Difference is AMAZING, honestly well worth it. I drive 80km one way to work often in stop and go traffic and I don't see the added stiffness and rigidity to be a problem.
I also installed Acuity Shifter bushings at the same time since it made sense.

WARNING, if you are sign battery tray install method, be Very careful with hardware falling (happened to me).
Thanks for the positive review!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In stock and ready to ship!
I just took delivery of my Si Sedan today, and I think this will be my first mod!
I'm having a hard time pushing the shifter forward all the way due to an elbow injury ( I can do it, but it's uncomfortable).
I love the way this setup brings the whole 'experience' forward.

I'll prob snag the knob too, the stock knob has this weird seam in it that bothers me (and probably the BOV too :D).
Is there still a coupon for this? feel free to PM me if there is...thanks!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I use the Acuity shifter linkage bushings with this?

I was looking for something similar on your site, but didn't see it...

Thanks

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Can I use the Acuity shifter linkage bushings with this?

I was looking for something similar on your site, but didn't see it...

Thanks
My setup with the Boomba short shift adapter is also utilizing the Acuity shifter link bushings. You'll be fine using them with this product!

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In-stock and ready to ship!
I should have mine in the mailbox tomorrow or Sat, thanks.

Are you aware of the Acuity shifter rocker arm that's coming out?
Do you think it would work with your product, or is it too much 'shortness'?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.