I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
I recently purchased a PRL catless downpipe. I’m looking for a shop to do the install either in Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal. Willing to travel to Quebec City and make a trip out of it since I’ve never been to QC.

I would do it myself but don’t want to mess up the turbo bolts. And rather give my money to support a local business over dealer.

Thanks in advance!

PS. If anyone knows where I can unlock my ECU for Hondata in person, that would be greatly appreciated. I’ve already looked into Nextmod Markham/APH and Total Tuning.
Sponsored

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
NextMOD Mississauga or Touge Tuning deal with modified cars exclusively. My brother had work done on his SI at nextMOD. I'd check em' out.

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
NextMOD Mississauga or Touge Tuning deal with modified cars exclusively. My brother had work done on his SI at nextMOD. I'd check em' out.
I’ll give them a shout! Thanks!

PDM 2

CTR
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ralph the owner at RMJ Motors did mine. It's in Markham

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ralph the owner at RMJ Motors did mine. It's in Markham
I got my lazy ass to do it myself lol. Took a while but got it done. Thanks for the recommendation though!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I got my lazy ass to do it myself lol. Took a while but got it done. Thanks for the recommendation though!
Good for you! I am guessing it was successful? I did my own also. Sprayed the hell out of the bolts before doing it and broke them nice and easy. Some shops don't know of the issue of the bolts breaking and will not take it in consideration. Resulting in the shop messing up your car.

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good for you! I am guessing it was successful? I did my own also. Sprayed the hell out of the bolts before doing it and broke them nice and easy. Some shops don't know of the issue of the bolts breaking and will not take it in consideration. Resulting in the shop messing up your car.
I think it's been a success lol. I don't get any smell unless I'm stopped for a while or when I get out of my car and smell it from the outside. I told any of the shops when inquiring about the issue with the bolts. I did it at my dad's shop late one night with some friends. After we took the top pipe off, we soaked the turbo bolts with PB Blaster for about an hour while we had pizza. The only issue we had was putting on the bolt one of the bolts that was in a tight spot.

Does the smell stay that bad or does it change when it's broken in? I'm debating if it was a bad idea going catless. I have a few buddies with the same car and I don't really notice the smell on their cars but then again, I'm not always in their car.

PDM 2

CTR
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think it's been a success lol. I don't get any smell unless I'm stopped for a while or when I get out of my car and smell it from the outside. I told any of the shops when inquiring about the issue with the bolts. I did it at my dad's shop late one night with some friends. After we took the top pipe off, we soaked the turbo bolts with PB Blaster for about an hour while we had pizza. The only issue we had was putting on the bolt one of the bolts that was in a tight spot.

Does the smell stay that bad or does it change when it's broken in? I'm debating if it was a bad idea going catless. I have a few buddies with the same car and I don't really notice the smell on their cars but then again, I'm not always in their car.
When broken in, you can def smell the fumes more when idle or when you get out. just don't stop and you wont smell it LOL

had my catless prl dp on since like maybe july

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When broken in, you can def smell the fumes more when idle or when you get out. just don't stop and you wont smell it LOL

had my catless prl dp on since like maybe july
LOL. I try not to stop but driving in the city sucks. Especially driving during traffic jams.

I went to a drive thru and had to turn off my car. I'm gonna pair it with either an HKS Legamax, Greddy HG, Invidia r400 or Milltek partly resonated.

PDM 2

CTR
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
LOL. I try not to stop but driving in the city sucks. Especially driving during traffic jams.

I went to a drive thru and had to turn off my car. I'm gonna pair it with either an HKS Legamax, Greddy HG, Invidia r400 or Milltek partly resonated.

Nice, im on the same setup actually, paired with HKS legamax.. sounds SUPER good!

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice, im on the same setup actually, paired with HKS legamax.. sounds SUPER good!
Nice! My boy is on the same setup as you. Sounds nice. And it's not too loud or quiet. Only thing I hate is the 2 tips. I wish it was 3. By far, the HKS is my favourite. Especially with that burnt tip! :love:

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
It's the smell of freedom. Try to enjoy it. I have catted and I still smell it every now and then.
You still smell it with the catted version? Which one do you have?

OP
OP
I82MUCH

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's the smell of freedom. Try to enjoy it. I have catted and I still smell it every now and then.
Just went for a video shoot with a bunch of friends. Wasn’t that bad. Maybe I’m getting used to shorter life expectancy lol

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
You still smell it with the catted version? Which one do you have?
MAPerformance. It's very faint and only after aggressive driving. I usually have to get out of my car to smell it. Sometimes I smell rotten eggs too. But some of that could be from my clutch. TSP Stage 1 is hard on stock clutch.
Sponsored