Shopping for an SI tomorrow (Audio Question)

edbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future SI Owner
Country flag
Going shopping for a '19 SI tomorrow, and I'd like to know what to bring in order to give the sound system a good test. I have a variety of music and formats. What will the audio unit play? I think .WAV files, but any limit on the rate? Only stereo or will it play 5.1? Thanks in advance! --Ed (Future SI owner)
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Going shopping for a '19 SI tomorrow, and I'd like to know what to bring in order to give the sound system a good test. I have a variety of music and formats. What will the audio unit play? I think .WAV files, but any limit on the rate? Only stereo or will it play 5.1? Thanks in advance! --Ed (Future SI owner)

Plays Droid/Iphone/Usb Port/radio/sirius

Bring a smartphone connect via bluetooth easyiest way

Bahahahahaha... You will be sorely UNDER whelmed with the POS system.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

Personally the stereo means nothing to my buying experience. I was more upset and bothered too the core. That the day after buying my 18 Si (US model) it didnt include a spare tire.

SLYSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
The stock audio on my '17 SI sucked. One of the worst I've heard. Not sure if they've done anything with the '19 other than the audio knob. I added a 12" powered sub and upgraded tweeters which has made a huge difference.

SC5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
In my opinion the stock highs and mids are acceptable in my '19 si but the lack of bass is laughable. I finally broke down and added a 12" sub.

Which is really a shame since I now have box sitting my trunk. Oh well, first world problems I guess.

Vmac

First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In my opinion the stock highs and mids are acceptable in my '19 si but the lack of bass is laughable. I finally broke down and added a 12" sub.

Which is really a shame since I now have box sitting my trunk. Oh well, first world problems I guess.
Did you add an amp too, or is there enough juice from stock for a modest sub? I'm not after a major improvement... I'm actually pretty okay with stock system. But if it were easy to add a sub w/o also an amp, I'd consider it.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
If you’re interested in a coupe, Davis Honda has a few 18 leftovers. I picked up my 18 sedan for $22,300 with all weather mats, trunk liner, wheel locks and 3 oil changes

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
8 black 1 white waiting for you!

MONK13

First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC Si
Country flag
Bring a large bag to hold your disappointment in the Si's Audio Sound System. The good news is you can improve it with aftermarket mods from first hand info on this forum.