Shield Pro Ceramic Coating opinions??

Clueless_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si
Country flag
I have a orchid pearlescent white 2018 SI & I can’t decide if I want to do a ceramic coating to it this coming spring/summer, not sure if it would really give it the reflection as it does on darker cars but still would help protect the paint. I’m a beginner when it comes to this so not a huge clue on all the different brands & such. I am looking at the new Shield Pro DPC that just came out. Thoughts / opinions ??
Sponsored

Flash5

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L; 2018 Lexus IS 300 F Sport RWD; 2000 Toyota Celica GT; 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I have a orchid pearlescent white 2018 SI & I can’t decide if I want to do a ceramic coating to it this coming spring/summer, not sure if it would really give it the reflection as it does on darker cars but still would help protect the paint. I’m a beginner when it comes to this so not a huge clue on all the different brands & such. I am looking at the new Shield Pro DPC that just came out. Thoughts / opinions ??
I went with IGL Kenzo on my Lexus which is considered one of the best ceramic coatings on the market and the other one that is super well known is CQuartz UK 3.0. You can’t go wrong with either of these and the warranty for them is pretty good. I’m super satisfied with the IGL Kenzo. Check this guys channel for all the different ceramic coatings and how long they have been lasting.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It sounds like you want to apply this to your car yourself, with little experience. If this is professional grade ceramic coating, I wouldn’t recommend doing it yourself unless you have some experience and the right equipment to do full paint corrections on vehicles.

I don’t want to be a debbie downer, but if you mess it up, it could be costly to get fixed. Getting this professionally done on an entire car can cost thousands at a good detailing shop. I’d argue that it’s really not worth the money if you don’t plan to hold onto this car for a long time. It’s chump change to somebody buying a 100k$ BMW, but it doesn’t make much sense on a 25k$ honda civic.

I would just use the more temporary silica sealant sprays or waxes they sell in stores, only use touchless car washes. Carefully wash by hand with a soft sponge and the 2 bucket method maybe 3-4 times a year.

If you hold onto the car for more than 3 years you could do a full paint correction with a light polishing compound to bring the paint back to 90% of it’s former glory. You don’t want to grind away at this cheap thin Honda paint too much, or it’ll end up looking like all those 8th gen civics with patches of missing clear coat before the car is even 10 yrs old.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
I would just use a quality clay bar kit for $25 each major change of season.

Flash5

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L; 2018 Lexus IS 300 F Sport RWD; 2000 Toyota Celica GT; 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
As stated above, it would be a bit of a waste of money if you’re not keeping the car for a long time, BUT paint protection film is another option. It’s more pricey but most film brands have a 10 year warranty against yellowing and whatnot. I have the entire front PPF’d on my IS with a ceramic coating on the entire car. It would be more realistic to just use sealants and waxes every now and then and paint corrections every so often on a Civic. I’m super anal about my paint though and I plan on keeping my IS for a LONG time so I was willing to put a bunch of money into it all. Just different options to think about and also depends on how much money you’re willing to throw at this topic.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
getting swirlmarks on honda is super easy, that paint is like butter, and glossy black plastic is a joke to keep clean and swirl free... i went to a professional to get car polished and he did 2 stage gyeon ceramic that should last around 4 years... cost was around 800 in dollars... worth every penny in my opinion much easier to keep car clean and cleans faster, this car i a nightmare to clean... i am sure most with hatchback will agree...

Honda Civic 10th gen Shield Pro Ceramic Coating opinions?? 749362_5531029458967855104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=nOgHVNO16TQAX-HxCsM&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and maybe you can consider about that SPS graphene coatings, that stuff looks unreal... with more and more manufacturers goin in to graphene i guess ceramic will go in to oblivion
Sponsored

Last edited: