Share Neat Yet Obscure Features of Civic Type R

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
The speed-sensitive intermittent wipers. My mind was completely blown when I discovered this. When at idle like at a light, the intermittent wipers will wipe at the slowest speed. When driving, it will go as fast as they were set. It's most obvious when you have the intermittent dial maxed out.

I didn't know about the brake mode automatically engaging the parking break when shutting off the engine. Gonna have to try that when I drive home.

The automatic engagement/disengagment of the parking break when driving was something I discovered and just love about the car.
Sponsored

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The speed-sensitive intermittent wipers. My mind was completely blown when I discovered this. When at idle like at a light, the intermittent wipers will wipe at the slowest speed. When driving, it will go as fast as they were set. It's most obvious when you have the intermittent dial maxed out.
Must be your first Honda? I'm pretty sure my 2001 Accord LX had that feature.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
Must be your first Honda? I'm pretty sure my 2001 Accord LX had that feature.
Actually my third. My very first Honda was like a 95 integra lx followed up by 2002 civic ex. So my trim levels definitely did not feature anything cool like that.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Not really hidden but i enabled the proximity auto-lock feature. Handy when my hands are full with groceries and i just walk away. I just keep my ear out for the lock beep.

Only problem with this mode enabled is that sometimes it does a rapid beep when i close a door, i assume it means it thinks the key was left inside the car...or something.

OP
OP
Mick the Quick

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I have never owned a hatchback, so initially I didn't realize that there is a small button next to the regular hatch unlock button. That small button locks the entire car. Love that feature -- without it, I'd have to use the remote lock button, or go back to one of the front door handles to touch it, to lock the car.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I have never owned a hatchback, so initially I didn't realize that there is a small button next to the regular hatch unlock button. That small button locks the entire car. Love that feature -- without it, I'd have to use the remote lock button, or go back to one of the front door handles to touch it, to lock the car.
I own all hatchbacks but this is the first one for this type of technology. 90, 91, 92 and now 2017. lol

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you lock the doors the gas door locks as well
Do the gas doors unlock when you unlock the doors? First time I filled up I had to turn the car off which I was unaccustomed to (I know you’re supposed to buuuut...) and was wondering if you could fill up with the car on so say your heat or AC could still keep you warm/cool (New Jersey).

OP
OP
Mick the Quick

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Do the gas doors unlock when you unlock the doors? First time I filled up I had to turn the car off which I was unaccustomed to (I know you’re supposed to buuuut...) and was wondering if you could fill up with the car on so say your heat or AC could still keep you warm/cool (New Jersey).
Yes, it does. You don't need to kill the engine . . . I guess they don't let you pump your own gas in NJ, right? Or did they change that?

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
So went down to the garage to put some stuff away and noticed all the windows on my R were rolled down. No one has the key fob except me. Anyone know if there is some type of function on the remote that would roll down the windows like that? some type of button combination or press-and-hold for a few seconds or something? Nothing i pressed seemed to do the same thing.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
So went down to the garage to put some stuff away and noticed all the windows on my R were rolled down. No one has the key fob except me. Anyone know if there is some type of function on the remote that would roll down the windows like that? some type of button combination or press-and-hold for a few seconds or something? Nothing i pressed seemed to do the same thing.
double press and hold the unlock button will roll all windows down.

civicArrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
if you put the car on R mode and press traction off ., wait for the original two beeps and keep holding it dont let it go. wait for an additional two beeps and it will fully disable vsa/traction for racing., the dash will say VSA FULLY DISABLE ., only for R MODE will not work on sport or normal.
Whats the difference between the "original" two beeps TC and the fully disabled TC?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the difference between the "original" two beeps TC and the fully disabled TC?
I was wondering the same. I noticed when I launched my car just disabling it in the first mode that the traction control still came on...so I guess that next step prevents that from happening.

So...1st mode is just for vehicle stability?
2nd mode is for disabling the traction control?

I'm too lazy to read my manual, lol.
Sponsored