Shame on Honda, won't ever buy another

1. Froz3nTundra

Froz3nTundra Senior Member

Car(s):
    '18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
    So basically this entire thread could have been avoided if the first dealership you went to wasn't a piece of shit?

Seriously, not Honda's fault the service department were a-holes and didn't look for the code.

domm92, kritz and dallasjhawk thanked this.
  2. tacthecat

tacthecat Senior Member

Car(s):
    '12 Civic Si Sedan, '98 Civic EX Coupe 5MT
    #32 tacthecat, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    From the first post it's unclear if the dealership didn't know the code was stored, just didn't bother to check; or if the poster on his own just assumed the code was cleared and went in complaining and demanding the TSB be done and they refused. Also unknown is how long the car was owned, new or used, and if this was the first and only time the problem occurred.
    Most dealerships will run a diagnostic if you ask and, if a warranty issue shows up, there is no charge.
    Sad to have this situation and worry a significant other.
    The solution appeared to be "right at hand" - take it to another dealer if you can and be nice.

3. mp2017

mp2017 Senior Member

Car(s):
    1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
    So.... You hate Honda because you cleared the code that they need to file warranty on? With out proof of that code they can't file warranty on their repairs and won't get paid for performing the repairs on your car.:doh:

4. domm92

domm92 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 civic touring
    I feel you man. Had so many issues with my civic just traded it in for a 2017 Ford Fusion sport yesterday. The dealership and Honda corporate are no help. They fixed 1 thing out of the 10 problems i had. Everything was either we can't replicate it or we are not willing to do that. I feel that I got screwed out of 24,000 dollars. A shame because it's a nice looking car and didn't want to shell out another 15,000 dollars for a new car. But I guess live and learn right. Honda has lost me as a customer and close famly members won't buy Honda after all the trouble I've had.

5. Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48 Senior Member

MI6
    First Name:
    Overlord
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ex-t
    My son just got a 2013 civic and for the free roadside assistance I got with my 2017. His car totally died ,everything malfunctioned before just shutting off. He called the roadside assistance and they sent out someone real quick,they couldn't fix it there, so they took it to the nearest dealer for him. Yea, it was a major inconvenience, but it's the way to go. Let them fool with it right from the start. If it's under warranty and you don't touch it, they can't blame you for anything :)

6. syncro87

syncro87 Senior Member

Underachiever
    Car(s):
    '16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT

In the end, I'm glad your situation was resolved. By the way, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are flaming you or are a fanboi. Some people, such as myself, legitimately think you made your own situation more difficult due to how you chose to handle it. The only reason I spent my time replying in the first place was to provide some constructive criticism and advice to potentially help you to expedite resolution of your problem. In my view, you could have gotten the car fixed sooner had you approached the situation somewhat differently.

Cheers, and again, glad you got your car fixed!

7. Leetcivx

Leetcivx Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Si
    This is a well know issue. It affects many civics. It has happened to me randomly twice (once at 3am, far from home).
    I do like the car, but i have kids and cant get stuck with them again for several hours in the middle of nowhere. I'm just waiting for my 2018 subaru to arrive in a few weeks.