First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so i have a 2017 hatchback sport. Recently after a accident my strut started to collapse and has no got enough compression to do its job properly and i have a couple bad bushings in the rear wheel control arms due to my car having been stopped completely with brakes applied when it was hit at 40km/hr.

Took it back to the dealer where it was repaired at a company called assured collision here in Toronto. Right off the bat i should have had red flags with this guy cause when i mentioned the suspension issues he said nope no need to look at it. He also for some reason said I was hit before even tho i explained i chipped the paint with a bicycle i was putting in my hatch. my hatch wouldn't open correctly after the accident as well and they never addressed that at first as well. When they called me 2 hrs later saying my car was fixed i asked did you fix my hatch ? he said your hatch never was touched. so i haad to tell him i was not picking p my car till it is 100% fixed which made them have to put it back in the shop and adjust it.

fast forward till today that was 3 weeks ago. my car has been vibrating ever since the accident and recently i got on the highway and at 112kmhr my car started moving eraticly back and forth on the highway so much so i had to put four ways on and hit the flashers. never moved my wheel and it was doing jerky movements back and forth. so i check things out and found the parts above bad.

So I brought it back yelled at the collision center guy and demanded the car put back in and fixed properly only to be told they had a honda service tech inspect my car and miraculusly find nothing wrong wit hthe vehicle... even tho its leaning in the front clearly by 2 inchs down ... now they demand 128$ for the inspection. So last night i sent out a email to the dealship, to honda canada and the main head office of assured collsion.

What i want to know is there anything else i can do and is there any possible legal actions i can take ? I would trade the car in but its not a option for me right now still have not put enough down on the finance plan for it to be an option.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Was the accident repair covered by insurance? If so, you might want to go back through them to discuss your satisfaction issues to see what pressure they would put on the repair shop.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Which location did you go to? When I had an accident with my Mazda I went through Assured Automotive near Yonge and Steeles and my friend's 10th gen Civic that got rear ended was fixed at that location too. No problems whatsoever.

If you went through insurance then call up your adjuster and they will speak to the garage.

I'm not sure what you expect Honda Canada or the dealership to do?

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
First off I wish you luck, second, I wouldn't ask on a car forum about legal action especially since laws vary in the USA and Canada....talk to a attorney.

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Your fight is with the repair center not Honda or the dealer since they did not do the repairs. If you went through insurance you need to talk to them and explain your car hasn't been repaired to original condition prior to the accident.

OP
OP
deathjam4

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea the repair was covered as not at fault. I was only asking the legal actions just as a what if situation. The assured is literally built right into the dealership at midtown honda. so they had my car checked by the service department at Honda it self. I guess my next step would be to contact my insurance directly. I figured they would actually correct the issue but was anticipating a sorry nothing i can do answer.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
yea the repair was covered as not at fault. I was only asking the legal actions just as a what if situation. The assured is literally built right into the dealership at midtown honda. so they had my car checked by the service department at Honda it self. I guess my next step would be to contact my insurance directly. I figured they would actually correct the issue but was anticipating a sorry nothing i can do answer.
In my experience, Dealers "Sell Cars" and do Routine maintenance & warranty repairs.
When it come to Crash Repair, most are not set up to do it, and do not have the trained personal to do a thorough job.

If you have an Accident, and your car need to be "Repaired", you will do far better taking it to a Crash Auto Repair Facility.
Depending on your Insurance, etc and how good a facility you can find, will determine how close to original the repair will be.

IMHO: Your CRASHED car has nothing to do with the Dealer, and they are NOT the best people to repair it.
(Lets face it, some struggle to do an Oil Change correctly !!!! )

Things might get a little more complex as far as future Warranty is concerned.
This you will need to clear up with the Insurance Company & the Repair Shop.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
That’s exactly what I was talking about in another thread answering to people who think it is so wonderful and convenient in some countries to have an insurance broker working at a dealership.
What could be sweeter than to have a collision repair center fused with a Honda dealer? I’m sure the Honda service tech approving the work of his friends working in the same building should be trusted.

Actually, it would be the most convenient if the dealer, the insurance, and the collision repair were all government-run.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
That’s exactly what I was talking about in another thread answering to people who think it is so wonderful and convenient in some countries to have an insurance broker working at a dealership.
What could be sweeter than to have a collision repair center fused with a Honda dealer? I’m sure the Honda service tech approving the work of his friends working in the same building should be trusted.

Actually, it would be the most convenient if the dealer, the insurance, and the collision repair were all government-run.
Sarcasm duly noted. If the government handled the repairs, your Civic would resemble a Yugo when completed, most likely in 18-24 months :rofl: and would have a large key on the trunk to wind it up, of course the spring would be broken!

OP
OP
deathjam4

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol well an update to this. recently had taken it back to the collison repair center that did the work no bending on the frame so thats a plus. also had an apraiser look at it and there was no sign of broken or bent suspension parts other then slightly twisted bushings in the control arms. so they told me to take the car in for warranty at the honda dealer. they said the car is fine and yet i can't hold a straight line for the life of me since the accident as it wanders back and forth on the road. hard braking makes a loud griding sound in the front passenger side shock and the sway bar links and bushings are bad and yet they said nothing wrong and to request a honda technician then made me do my 4000km trip on bad suspension and of course i ended up driving threw a number of snow storms and nearly drove under a transport truck when the car suddenly decided to drive right like it does perioticly during highway trips.

The honda service manager flat out refused to replace anything under fears that nothing may be wrong with the parts and be stuck with the bill... sounds like customer safety is thier top priority yea ?

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
so i have a 2017 hatchback sport. Recently after a accident my strut started to collapse and has no got enough compression to do its job properly and i have a couple bad bushings in the rear wheel control arms due to my car having been stopped completely with brakes applied when it was hit at 40km/hr.

Took it back to the dealer where it was repaired at a company called assured collision here in Toronto. Right off the bat i should have had red flags with this guy cause when i mentioned the suspension issues he said nope no need to look at it. He also for some reason said I was hit before even tho i explained i chipped the paint with a bicycle i was putting in my hatch. my hatch wouldn't open correctly after the accident as well and they never addressed that at first as well. When they called me 2 hrs later saying my car was fixed i asked did you fix my hatch ? he said your hatch never was touched. so i haad to tell him i was not picking p my car till it is 100% fixed which made them have to put it back in the shop and adjust it.

fast forward till today that was 3 weeks ago. my car has been vibrating ever since the accident and recently i got on the highway and at 112kmhr my car started moving eraticly back and forth on the highway so much so i had to put four ways on and hit the flashers. never moved my wheel and it was doing jerky movements back and forth. so i check things out and found the parts above bad.

So I brought it back yelled at the collision center guy and demanded the car put back in and fixed properly only to be told they had a honda service tech inspect my car and miraculusly find nothing wrong wit hthe vehicle... even tho its leaning in the front clearly by 2 inchs down ... now they demand 128$ for the inspection. So last night i sent out a email to the dealship, to honda canada and the main head office of assured collsion.

What i want to know is there anything else i can do and is there any possible legal actions i can take ? I would trade the car in but its not a option for me right now still have not put enough down on the finance plan for it to be an option.
Are you talking about assured collision right off of 401...or is it QEW?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
lol well an update to this. recently had taken it back to the collison repair center that did the work no bending on the frame so thats a plus. also had an apraiser look at it and there was no sign of broken or bent suspension parts other then slightly twisted bushings in the control arms. so they told me to take the car in for warranty at the honda dealer. they said the car is fine and yet i can't hold a straight line for the life of me since the accident as it wanders back and forth on the road. hard braking makes a loud griding sound in the front passenger side shock and the sway bar links and bushings are bad and yet they said nothing wrong and to request a honda technician then made me do my 4000km trip on bad suspension and of course i ended up driving threw a number of snow storms and nearly drove under a transport truck when the car suddenly decided to drive right like it does perioticly during highway trips.

The honda service manager flat out refused to replace anything under fears that nothing may be wrong with the parts and be stuck with the bill... sounds like customer safety is thier top priority yea ?
Wait so just to make sure I got this correct, you physically cannot drive your car in a straight line but they are saying nothing is wrong? Have you considered having them drive the car or taking them on a drive to demonstrate the issue? If your car isn't holding a straight line, thats something that you can easily demonstrate to the dealer or whoever is working on your car, its undeniable proof something is wrong. Theres no way they can come back with "nothing is wrong" after you show them that.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sarcasm duly noted. If the government handled the repairs, your Civic would resemble a Yugo when completed, most likely in 18-24 months :rofl: and would have a large key on the trunk to wind it up, of course the spring would be broken!
Yugo= tinfoil with wheels. Hahaha!

OP
OP
deathjam4

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I took the mechanic for a test drive but they drive as if its thier parents car at like maybe 40 km hr It handles the worest at highway speeds. I did point out my steering wheel drives straight with it slightly to the left at which point they saw this and still said nothing wrong. They already did one alignment which screwed that up. I Filed a complaint to ontarios system called OMVIC which is how you report faulty cars in ontario canada if the dealer won't repair the vehicle properly. Fileing a claim here can result in the dealership loosing its merchant license so i hope this makes them get off thier butts and fix the car correctly. I also brought up a number of other complaints i had with my car such as bumpers pulling off the car my cold air intake pipe coming off multiple times on the intercooler *came off again today just found out* my grill poped all the plastic tabs off of the bumper at the top. and such. I have a laundry list of issues and could go on for days :p
Sponsored