Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Just a dude from Atlanta.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
With procedures this time? Is this a "Product Update"?

YES! haha I died when I got the message we'd be receiving the update drives before the actual bulletin is done,
but yes, its a 12 page bulletin with full update procedures for each display type. They aren't calling it a product update just yet, simply a :
Audio Unit Software Update

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
YES! haha I died when I got the message we'd be receiving the update drives before the actual bulletin is done,
but yes, its a 12 page bulletin with full update procedures for each display type. They aren't calling it a product update just yet, simply a :
Audio Unit Software Update
Does it describe which issues are "fixed" with this update?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Sure would be nice if somehow the full TSB PDF could get attached to this thread!;)

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
Sure would be nice if somehow the full TSB PDF could get attached to this thread!;)

If there's no legal issue, which I'm not sure of. I'll post the pdf when I got home and can get back on IN. The update "fix" list is huge. Will report back in a few.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got back from the dealer. Had to go in for first oil change so I had them apply the touring amp updated and the surging updated. They seemed willing to do the audio unit update but they said they didn't have it yet. Said they ordered it and will let me know when they have it.

HoNDA pARTS gUY_GA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC COUPE EX-T
Just got back from the dealer. Had to go in for first oil change so I had them apply the touring amp updated and the surging updated. They seemed willing to do the audio unit update but they said they didn't have it yet. Said they ordered it and will let me know when they have it.

Certain dealers I imagine are behind on receiving it, they were mailed to most at the end of the month. I imagine handling time depends on where your dealer is.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Warning to all: Just got the heads up guys & gals, this update is huge. WTH...anyway. The infotainment was completely overhauled thats why the wait...a few guinea pigs were needed.

Anyway, those with the 1.5 Turbo, DON'T LET THE DEALER HAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING THE ENGINE WITH THE UPDATE. Some idiot tech do, you will coke it up running the engine in one spot that long. The battery is enough, some dealers will hook up your car to a back up battery on the terminals and then do the update. That is a cool and nice thing to do...

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
We now have a new version to check with thanks Honda Parts Guy... after the update, can we all post our update version.

Honda Civic 10th gen Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 9.35.41 PM

Dean_TO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
It looks like if you have version 1.F184.60 the might not do the update. This is the version I have and I have been problem free so far but I'm curious if the new version has any advantages in terms of responsiveness.
Sponsored