Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
You said it, I think they are doing a test with it in some vehicles and not all.
And if their test goes poorly, they sent this bad code to each and every dealer why? Honda desperately needs to buy a clue about software. BMW just plugs a car into Munich. Honda mails around flash drives. Before they've even written the procedures to use them. Sigh.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh. Hell even Ford lets you update MyCrapTouch yourself.

Honda... :doh:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh. Hell even Ford lets you update MyCrapTouch yourself.

Honda... :doh:
And has for years. Its replacement, Sync 3 ("MyFord Touch" was way too damaged a brand to salvage), downloads its own updates in the middle of the night.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
This is truth. My techs have the USB but are unable to do the update. Im waiting for the go-ahead from honda.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
This is truth. My techs have the USB but are unable to do the update. Im waiting for the go-ahead from honda.
Can you let us know when it's released and the version. I am afraid that Honda will change it again before this gets released the dealers have.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
skeptical...
Me too. Three years with a 2012 Ford Focus with MyFord Touch makes me skeptical of any car maker and infotainment. That Honda hasn't demonstrated much software aptitude/attitude--even compared to Ford--doesn't help.

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
For a car that's being actively marketed to tech-savvy young people, this is pretty ridiculous that we're gonna have to go through this whole dragged out process at the dealer to update what is essentially a run-of-the-mill Android device at its base level. We're all used to constantly installing updates for the OS & apps on our phones and tablets - why can't they let us do that ourselves here like we do with all our other tech we own? This is the kind of thing that's going to make me less likely to buy-out/keep the car after my lease is up if it continues.

tuck4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Burgundy Night Pearl
Country flag
For a car that's being actively marketed to tech-savvy young people, this is pretty ridiculous that we're gonna have to go through this whole dragged out process at the dealer to update what is essentially a run-of-the-mill Android device at its base level. We're all used to constantly installing updates for the OS & apps on our phones and tablets - why can't they let us do that ourselves here like we do with all our other tech we own? This is the kind of thing that's going to make me less likely to buy-out/keep the car after my lease is up if it continues.
Because its Honda and they do not want to put out a lot of little fixes. They want to take care of it in as few pieces as they can.

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Because its Honda and they do not want to put out a lot of little fixes. They want to take care of it in as few pieces as they can.
I was referring more to people talking about needing to figure out "magic words" to say to the dealer to get them to even give you the update, the fact that it isn't something we can just install ourselves (I assume this means being without my car for at least a day for something I could easily do myself) etc.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was referring more to people talking about needing to figure out "magic words" to say to the dealer to get them to even give you the update, the fact that it isn't something we can just install ourselves (I assume this means being without my car for at least a day for something I could easily do myself) etc.
I think its a combo of magic words, 3 previously failed "attempts" to fix/update at the dealer, a video of the issue in action, and you have to give the service advisor a reach-around. Then you have a chance of getting the update properly installed.
Sponsored