Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

apollotrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I just went to the dealership this morning because I kept having problems with my radio disconnecting from my iPhone while playing music or in the middle of a call. I was informed by the service manager that just this very same morning Honda released a new service bulletin regarding known problems with the radio unit. I've attached a photo of the printout. I was told that I should check back in a few weeks and hope that Honda has rolled out recall or some kind of repair.

Honda Civic 10th gen Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update ima
Sponsored

madroxinide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This made my day. I work at a dealership, I am having it done now. Ill post if anything either good or bad happens after the update.
Wait so this fix is available? The picture just says that a fix is in the works, so sit tight. Is this not the case?

Nevermind I see that a fix is available, but not recommended until they iron out the kinks. Thanks.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
They probably have dealers apply to it to unsold cars sitting on lots, to make sure the display doesn't explode or something.

Kinda like how phone updates roll out in stages before fully public.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Darn, my VIN is that range. I am going in for service tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait to get the fix. I doubt they'll apply it tomorrow.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, I'm at 20% oil life, would have been nice to get that, the amp fix, and this all done at the same time. Not a fan of going to the dealer just for fixes and updates like this.

FLcardio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Whoever has the update done can you post what version is now showing on the info screen?

As far as I know I had the latest version according to some other posts and haven't had any obvious audio systems issues (besides some sub rattle at high volumes) though my VIN is in that range

tennis12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just went to the dealership this morning because I kept having problems with my radio disconnecting from my iPhone while playing music or in the middle of a call. I was informed by the service manager that just this very same morning Honda released a new service bulletin regarding known problems with the radio unit. I've attached a photo of the printout. I was told that I should check back in a few weeks and hope that Honda has rolled out recall or some kind of repair.

image.jpeg
What is it about what issues would it fix

OP
OP

apollotrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The guy pretty much told me he didn't know when or what the fox will be and to check back in a few weeks. I took the car in because the screen kept freezing on me while using car play, and twice the back up camera remained in the display screen while I was driving forward. Hope it gives some kind of hope to those whose share the same issues. My care is a touring, I had also taken it in last month for the radio up date and I had them check the rattling subwoofer which they ended up taking the whole rear panel off and installing some sound pads that help minimize the rattles.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
This is the KAHONA we have been waiting for and a SUPER GOOD START...Spoke to someone today about it. Should make more people happy now...

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
"a problem"--just one? LOL. Can't say as I'm surprised they don't even know what the procedure is for updating cars in the field. Also interesting that the TSB # for this is lower than the one for the surging code fix that was released back in, what, late February?

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
UPDATE: The dealers had this update sent to them already. They cannot install it as it is long and involved to do it. He showed the USB drive to my better half today. Honda said they are not allow to install it yet. Why..who knows, but they have it already. Anyone have a good relationship with there service manager can get it done and let us know. Please

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
UPDATE: The dealers had this update sent to them already. They cannot install it as it is long and involved to do it. He showed the stick to my better half today. Honda said they are not allow to install it yet. Why..who knows, but they have it already.
Makes perfect sense. Quick: let's send out an update that can't actually be installed.
Sponsored