Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok this is the first time I’ve had an aftermarket exhaust on any car. After 24 hours with the Sequence Exhaust (only mod to my car so far). Rest is stock.

It definitely is a “Gentleman’s Exhaust System” as previously described...So much so, fellow SoCaler Boosted180sx was kind enough to let me cruise by to verify the exhaust is working as it should... was paranoid since it was on the quiet side.

After driving around the neighborhood and testing it under load, Boosted suggested cracking the windows. I normally drive with windows rolled up. Tried that and voila! It sounded great.. probably how the car should have sounded from the get go.

Boosted180sx then drove us around abit in his car... Holy cow....His car is a huge upgrade in terms of torque, power and grip and felt like a completely different (better) car. Night and day compared to my stock setup. Was so much stronger than mine, was very impressed. He provided some seriously awesome ideas for future upgrades down the line.

Really appreciate Boosted180sx taking the time to meet and whom I would describe as being One Cool Dude

Thanks again man!

Have been driving with the windows rolled down since enjoying the exhaust note. Really nice.

The only downside is I’m driving the car harder to open the exhaust to get that awesome sound. The fun factor has definitely increased. Hopefully I don’t get a ticket

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Hey man. Nice meeting you yesterday. I bet the traffic was pretty brutal on the way home. That time of the hour in socal is not the business lol.

You did choose a very good exhaust for it being your first exhaust to get for a car. It does sometimes feel like it's too tame but you don't want that constant drone for a daily driver. (especially on the freeway)
we should've had you stand on the side of the road and drive by so you can hear it from the outside lol. It's really just the right amount of noise imo. An aftermarket front pipe is always available if you want to get slightly more noise under load if you feel like it's not enough.

It felt refreshing to drive a stock car again. Been so used to the tune and the short shifter, it felt weird at first lol.
maybe next time when we both have a little more time, you can drive my car. Not just the power but you'd probably be surprised at the response.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hey man. Nice meeting you yesterday. I bet the traffic was pretty brutal on the way home. That time of the hour in socal is not the business lol.

You did choose a very good exhaust for it being your first exhaust to get for a car. It does sometimes feel like it's too tame but you don't want that constant drone for a daily driver. (especially on the freeway)
we should've had you stand on the side of the road and drive by so you can hear it from the outside lol. It's really just the right amount of noise imo. An aftermarket front pipe is always available if you want to get slightly more noise under load if you feel like it's not enough.

It felt refreshing to drive a stock car again. Been so used to the tune and the short shifter, it felt weird at first lol.
maybe next time when we both have a little more time, you can drive my car. Not just the power but you'd probably be surprised at the response.
Where in socal are you both at? Would love to hear the exhaust in person.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there Spyder,

I live in Fullerton. Work in Seal Beach/Long Beach area.

My kids play club soccer so I might be anywhere in SoCal on the weekends.. Maybe close to your area...

I’d be happy to meet up so you can check it out.. but truth be told, my setup is no where close to as impressive as Boosted180sx’s. His is the real deal.

But if you are stock like mine it would be an exact preview of what to expect... At least until I add an Intake

Where in socal are you both at? Would love to hear the exhaust in person.

Last edited:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
That would be awesome to meet up with both of you guys. I'm stock except a mishi intake. I'm in Culver City so maybe south bay somewhere might be a good meeting point?

Hey there Spyder,

I live in Fullerton. Work in Seal Beach/Long Beach area.

My kids play club soccer so I might be anywhere in SoCal on the weekends.. Maybe close to your area...

I’d be happy to meet up so you can check it out.. but truth be told, my setup is no where close to as impressive as Boosted180sx’s. His is the real deal.

But if you are stock like mine it would be an exact preview of what to expect... At least until I add an Intake

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Ok this is the first time I’ve had an aftermarket exhaust on any car. After 24 hours with the Sequence Exhaust (only mod to my car so far). Rest is stock.

It definitely is a “Gentleman’s Exhaust System” as previously described...So much so, fellow SoCaler Boosted180sx was kind enough to let me cruise by to verify the exhaust is working as it should... was paranoid since it was on the quiet side.
This was really fun to read. Sounds like you are loving the exhaust and having fun meeting other R owners. What a blast. Since it’s your only mod, I have a question for you. Stock, the car has a bit of drone cruising on the freeway around 70-75 when the RPMs are over 3k. How is the sequence exhaust. Any chance there’s less drone on the freeway. The CTR isn’t terrible, but on a longer drive it can get a bit annoying depending on the situation. Thanks!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
That would be awesome to meet up with both of you guys. I'm stock except a mishi intake. I'm in Culver City so maybe south bay somewhere might be a good meeting point?
if you want to hear the exhaust and you are in the area, feel free to msg me. i'm usually free on weekends.

Stock, the car has a bit of drone cruising on the freeway around 70-75 when the RPMs are over 3k. How is the sequence exhaust. Any chance there’s less drone on the freeway. The CTR isn’t terrible, but on a longer drive it can get a bit annoying depending on the situation. Thanks!
imo the car has less drone than stock which i'm sure of some people here can agree with me. at least that has been my experience with the stock dp and fp.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey there HRace,
Yes it was very fun, very cool to meet Boosted180sx. Really appreciate his in depth reviews, along with the posts of others on this thread. Would have hung out longer but my wife called and I was voluntold to come home .

Was fascinating to see all the different upgrades we read about on this forum, in person.

Jumped on the freeway tonight and cruised at about 75 mph in 5th gear to check...think RPM was around 3500 RPM or so. Didn’t notice drone @70-75.

I concur with Boosted. Exhaust seems quieter than the stock exhaust, in all modes except when the valve opens.

Now I need to meet up with someone that is completely stock to see if can tell the difference, I’m already acclimated to the new sound heh.

This was really fun to read. Sounds like you are loving the exhaust and having fun meeting other R owners. What a blast. Since it’s your only mod, I have a question for you. Stock, the car has a bit of drone cruising on the freeway around 70-75 when the RPMs are over 3k. How is the sequence exhaust. Any chance there’s less drone on the freeway. The CTR isn’t terrible, but on a longer drive it can get a bit annoying depending on the situation. Thanks!

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Jumped on the freeway tonight and cruised at about 75 mph in 5th gear to check...think RPM was around 3500 RPM or so. Didn’t notice drone @70-75.

I concur with Boosted. Exhaust seems quieter than the stock exhaust, in all modes except when the valve opens.

Now I need to meet up with someone that is completely stock to see if can tell the difference, I’m already acclimated to the new sound heh.
Thanks so much for the feedback!! This exhaust keeps impressing me more and more.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question for Sequence owners..

I’ve noticed while idling my vacuum fluctuates between 9-10”. While driving is usually is 10-11”.

Never paid attention to this reading prior to this install. Is this fluctuation normal or an indication of a possible vacuum leak?

Do you guys get similar readings?

Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 4F8E7D90-37D9-4280-80E1-D159F3AAF879

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

I’ve noticed while idling my vacuum fluctuates between 9-10”. While driving is usually is 10-11”.

Never paid attention to this reading prior to this install. Is this fluctuation normal or an indication of a possible vacuum leak?

seems normal. you'd notice it if there was a boost leak under WOT

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag

4F8E7D90-37D9-4280-80E1-D159F3AAF879.jpeg
This is just normal, would be less pronounced if analog. Since it’s digital and the only values are whole numbers it’s more exaggerated.

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
Hey guys. I'm in the market for another exhaust. I wanted something that is close to stock in terms of noise but offered a bit more performance. Which is how I ended up here in this thread.

Any idea how many decibels this exhaust is? I need it quiet because I run my car on the track at laguna seca and the decibel limit is sometimes as low as 90 db.

I know a few of you guys have said that its quiet but I also believe that most of you are not running it with a catless dp / fp combo. For those of you who are running catless, is it loud? Anyone local to me that i can listen to? haha.
Sponsored