Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
do it! I drove it around again today for a few miles and it's great. No regrets from me.

Even with the valves open, it really doesn't have much drone. I love it.

I mean, right now he already has it at 2799 compared to original 3299. I asked him how long that price is good for and he just said until he sells a certain number so idk how long it's going to be good for.
Ah, you're right. completely forgot about that.
Sponsored

Brandondan1

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 91 Civic Si
Country flag
The stud wasn't a big deal but i just wish i knew about it. Joe said there is enough threads but i couldn't even get one single thread to bite so idk. Just put an extension and a socket around the nut and hammer and it came off super easily so no biggie.
I had 1-2 threads to tighten the nut onto as well. Another issue is fitting a 14mm socket on the nuts themselves, because the pipe essentially widens right after the flange, which makes it difficult for a socket to fit flush on the nut.

Also, I was wondering if there was a gasket that needs to be installed at that junction???

But other than that, this exhaust is very nice, and livable for a daily driver. It sounds like stock at idle and cruising, but wakes up once u get into boost. I dont know if its just because its winter, but I get more wheelspin in 3rd gear now, which leads me to believe I gained some power lol.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Also, I was wondering if there was a gasket that needs to be installed at that junction???
Oh ... I did use a gasket in between which is maybe why I couldn't get the nut to bite ... Now you have me wondering if i should have used one or not... I do not want to touch those bolts again till the day i get a front pipe LOL.
I had 1-2 threads to tighten the nut onto as well. Another issue is fitting a 14mm socket on the nuts themselves, because the pipe essentially widens right after the flange, which makes it difficult for a socket to fit flush on the nut.
Yeah ... tbh that's an issue with most exhausts because they all widen at that part to fit the 3" diameter to the stock front pipe diameter.

Since i knocked the factory studs out, I use a wrench to hold the nut side and use some fancy ratchet and tighten it from the bolt side.
But other than that, this exhaust is very nice, and livable for a daily driver. It sounds like stock at idle and cruising, but wakes up once u get into boost. I dont know if its just because its winter, but I get more wheelspin in 3rd gear now, which leads me to believe I gained some power lol.
this is so true. When he says sounds like stock at idle and cruising, it really does no lie ... even on start up it sounds stock. Even when the valves open up, it's not ridiculously loud either.

I'm debating on getting a PRL or a RV 6 front pipe but i'm curious to see how much noise it'll increase. I feel right now it would be perfect if it was just louder but I have a feeling a front pipe might make it louder than I'd want. Idk ...

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
It is probably best to use a gasket. If someone didn't they probably will have an exhaust leak at that area.

If I had to guess just a front pipe won't really change how loud it is if at all.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
that's what i'm hoping. I may get one later on down the road idk.
The front pipe cost is like a drop in the bucket compared to the entire exhaust, and seeing how the install went for you guys I’m going to make sure I do it all at once.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
The front pipe cost is like a drop in the bucket compared to the entire exhaust, and seeing how the install went for you guys I’m going to make sure I do it all at once.
i probably would've just bought one before hand if i knew. The cost of the front pipe isn't a big deal.
:agree: and ceramic coat it if you don't wrap it as well.
probably order the ceramic coated pipe from rv6. Maybe during the sale season like black friday later on in the year. (if i can even wait that long)

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
i probably would've just bought one before hand if i knew. The cost of the front pipe isn't a big deal.

probably order the ceramic coated pipe from rv6. Maybe during the sale season like black friday later on in the year. (if i can even wait that long)
Ya I just meant that I don’t want to go crawling underneath unbolting it again and trying to convince the wife. Just get it all said and done.

I can see it now, “Hey hon I just spent $3k on exhaust looks like I need to spend another $500 - on exhaust.”

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you guys are gonna love it.

I really think this is the best exhaust for this car. (given your fine with the price) Very civilized around town and audible when you want it to be.

guray77

First Name
guray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r evo 8
Country flag
I’ve got mine today thanks Joe for everything , the exhaust is perfect i had magnaflow it was like crazy drone but this is perfect no drone and when you pull it it is perfect !

Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 15-D7-FB76-DBC7-4160-96-C3-08-C05-B52-A4-F9
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 219-FEF0-C-4-EDE-4-D18-BE46-0-DC9-F74-B9215
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust D2-CC5-DBF-E276-453-A-AC3-D-5-F63-FDAF4369
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust 5900-A513-7123-461-E-B50-B-274912075032

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
wow what an amazing exhaust! thank you joe and @boosted180sx for the helpful info. glad to be part of club ti!
we installed it today and a few other DS mods :D, big mahalo @RedFK8 for your help today :thumbsup:
20190215_150938.jpg
20190215_153256_HDR.jpg
Sponsored