bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
When running a catless downpipe a good resonator should remove the unwanted “rice” rasp
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Sounds like a rice car... there’s just isn’t going to be a really good sounding exhaust for this car because of the engine
it's the catless downpipe creating the rasp.

But yeah your right, the k20c in general isn't a very good sounding engine.

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Best sounding 4 banger is the Subaru’s but we all know why they sound like the do un equal length headers... an i like the way my old neon srt4 sounded nothing made the crackles an burbles that thing made when you downshifted it

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Just installed the exhaust today mated to a stock downpipe + stock front pipe. Only drove the car for about 5 miles but the overall sound is a 10/10.

However, ran into an issues which disappointed me after spending so much money on an exhaust. The flange on the SEQ exhaust is thick and the stock front pipe studs was too short for me to get any threads on the stud. Couldn't even get the nut to bite.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust RxWRVH

I am not sure if the one i got happened to have a thick flange because noone else seems to have that problem. It probably is not an issue if you had an aftermarket front pipe because it would be a bolt/nut instead of a stud.

I had it over at a friends shop and had everything already off so I opted to just hammer out the studs on the oem front pipe and went to Lowes to get a longer bolt and reused the oem nut. I already contacted Joe but I couldn't wait for his answer or a replacement part so i went that route. It was a major pain because the space is so limited there. Now that I think about it, probably would've been easier if i removed the front pipe and bolted it up off the car instead of trying to do it in that tight space.

Also I highly suggest you install the first and the second pipe connected before bolting it up to the front pipe. The hanger on the second pipe will be INSANELY hard to get on if you try to install it together. After all that work I had to do on the pipe that bolts to the front pipe, i didn't want to remove it again so I had to figure out and found a way to maneuver the hanger on ... but it took a really long time.

Other than that, the install was a breeze. If it wasn't for that stud issue, the install itself would've been a piece of cake. Slightly disappointed because I assumed everything would be trouble free after spending so much. Mine might have been a special case since I haven't read anyone else with that same problem.

Routing the vacuum line was a piece of cake. I removed the heatshield/plastics underneath the car and followed the brake line from the front to the back of the car.

Onto the sound.
When I initially started up the car to check for exhaust leaks, i was in awe. The car sounds like a stock exhaust (maybe even quieter) when you start it up. It was SUPER quiet. It was so quiet to the point where I had to second guess myself on whether this was the right choice.

Driving normally to warm up the car, the cabin has ZERO drone. Even less than a stock exhaust. it was so quiet you wouldn't even know you had an aftermarket exhaust on the car. It's so quiet that I may get a PRL front pipe to increase the note just a tad. Once the car warmed up and the I let the valves open ... there it was. The exhaust note came alive and sounded very clean and throaty. Still not overly loud.

This was the exhaust that I was looking for. ZERO regrets even with the issues I had. (which might just be a special case on the part I received.)

Sorry I have no other pictures of the install. I was semi frustrated trying to finish everything up after the front pipe stud issue i dealt with.

Edit: I do want to add that it was not a big deal cause it’s easily fixed by punching out the stud. I just wish I knew about it before we started so I don’t waste time having to go get some bolts ..

Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Just installed the exhaust today mated to a stock downpipe + stock front pipe. Only drove the car for about 5 miles but the overall sound is a 10/10.

However, ran into an issues which disappointed me after spending so much money on an exhaust. The flange on the SEQ exhaust is thick and the stock front pipe studs was too short for me to get any threads on the stud. Couldn't even get the nut to bite.

I am not sure if the one i got happened to have a thick flange because noone else seems to have that problem. It probably is not an issue if you had an aftermarket front pipe because it would be a bolt/nut instead of a stud.

I had it over at a friends shop and had everything already off so I opted to just hammer out the studs on the oem front pipe and went to Lowes to get a longer bolt and reused the oem nut. I already contacted Joe but I couldn't wait for his answer or a replacement part so i went that route. It was a major pain because the space is so limited there. Now that I think about it, probably would've been easier if i removed the front pipe and bolted it up off the car instead of trying to do it in that tight space.

Also I highly suggest you install the first and the second pipe connected before bolting it up to the front pipe. The hanger on the second pipe will be INSANELY hard to get on if you try to install it together. After all that work I had to do on the pipe that bolts to the front pipe, i didn't want to remove it again so I had to figure out and found a way to maneuver the hanger on ... but it took a really long time.

Other than that, the install was a breeze. If it wasn't for that stud issue, the install itself would've been a piece of cake. Slightly disappointed because I assumed everything would be trouble free after spending so much. Mine might have been a special case since I haven't read anyone else with that same problem.

Routing the vacuum line was a piece of cake. I removed the heatshield/plastics underneath the car and followed the brake line from the front to the back of the car.

Onto the sound.
When I initially started up the car to check for exhaust leaks, i was in awe. The car sounds like a stock exhaust (maybe even quieter) when you start it up. It was SUPER quiet. It was so quiet to the point where I had to second guess myself on whether this was the right choice.

Driving normally to warm up the car, the cabin has ZERO drone. Even less than a stock exhaust. it was so quiet you wouldn't even know you had an aftermarket exhaust on the car. It's so quiet that I may get a PRL front pipe to increase the note just a tad. Once the car warmed up and the I let the valves open ... there it was. The exhaust note came alive and sounded very clean and throaty. Still not overly loud.

This was the exhaust that I was looking for. ZERO regrets even with the issues I had. (which might just be a special case on the part I received.)

Sorry I have no other pictures of the install. I was semi frustrated trying to finish everything up after the front pipe stud issue i dealt with.

Edit: I do want to add that it was not a big deal cause it’s easily fixed by punching out the stud. I just wish I knew about it before we started so I don’t waste time having to go get some bolts ..
Thanks for providing feedback on your install and sound impressions. Making me think pairing this with my RV6 High flow cat and front pipe will be exactly what I am looking for.

For those that are curious here are a couple test fit photos I took with the RV6 frontpipe and the hardware that was provided with it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust IMG_6167
Honda Civic 10th gen Sequence Manufacturing Titanium Exhaust IMG_6168

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks for providing feedback on your install and sound impressions. Making me think pairing this with my RV6 High flow cat and front pipe will be exactly what I am looking for.

For those that are curious here are a couple test fit photos I took with the RV6 frontpipe and the hardware that was provided with it.
You totally won't be disappointed. This exhaust is literally what I was looking for. Not sure how much of it will increase with the front pipe but I may get that also. Probably won't introduce much rasp because I still have the cat there.
I might have to readjust the muffler section a little bit because I feel like it's slightly to the left.

The stud wasn't a big deal but i just wish i knew about it. Joe said there is enough threads but i couldn't even get one single thread to bite so idk. Just put an extension and a socket around the nut and hammer and it came off super easily so no biggie.

There's a few things that would've made my life easier like removing the whole front plastic part so you can get to the front pipe section easier.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
@boosted180sx how long did you wait for your exhaust from the time you placed an order?

Very tempted to get this exhaust...

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
@boosted180sx how long did you wait for your exhaust from the time you placed an order?

Very tempted to get this exhaust...
ordered it on sunday night 1/13, so basically 1/14 cause sunday is closed hours, and was shipped on wed and received it the following monday 1/21 here in cali. Joe is very responsive to email so you can always email. Depending on your preference, this is the exhaust to get imo. The welds are clean, titanium pipes is super light, exhaust note is great, muffler isn't too obnoxious from behind unless your paying attention to it. The muffler position is kind of a pain with how the hangers are bolted onto the muffler though. I guess you can think of it as a good thing too because it has adjustments to make it fit perfectly.
Only downside is the cost ... but for titanium pipes, it's to be expected. Not saying it's good because I spent a lot of money but for me, this was perfect. I don't think there is any other exhaust out there that I would buy over this (if comparing retail pricing, used is ofc dependent on the price of the one your looking at) and i have heard alot of different exhausts due to being in socal and there are lots of owners down here. With it not having resonators I was expecting a decent note even with the valves closed but nope. The muffler does a very good job of keeping the tone down.

If your looking for an exhaust that gives it that bassy note on start up or some noise when your cruising, this isn't the one. If you are looking for a stock like sound with absolutely zero drone with it sounding much louder under boost, this is the one. Best of both worlds for me. I do have to say one thing. None of the youtube videos makes this exhaust justice.

These are my impressions with the stock front pipe and stock downpipe. People with an aftermarket front pipe or catless might have different opinions on start up/sound during cruising situations.

I give it a
Sound: 10+ /10 (for my preference)
Joe's email communication: 8.5/10 (-1.5 point just because i wish he would've told me about the stud before I went to install. My installation procedure / readiness would have been slightly different if i knew it before hand.)

Only thing I had to buy other than the bolts ($7 for 3 at my local lowes) to replace the front pipe stud was the 3/16" Vacuum Tee which was like $3-4 for like a bundle pack at my local autozone.
Just for information, the bolts I used after I hammered out the stock front pipe stud was a M12x1.25 30mm and reused the stock nuts.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
boosted180sx: thanks for the installation tips. I"m sure you're going to save a few people a few headaches. Really happy to hear you're pleased with the exhaust. Hoping to hear one in person sometime. Enjoy it! It's nice to finally start getting more reviews of this exhaust.

jjerror

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, BMW Z4M, Toyota Sienna
Country flag

RxWRVHj.jpg

Onto the sound.

I had the same experience during install. It was the first time I installed exhaust myself. It thought it was a normal thing. After a week of driving, the position of the pipe moved a bit and started to rub against the heat shield.
I have the RV6 catted d/p and f/p waiting to be installed. By that time, i will adjust the pipe to get more clearance

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I hope SQM will offer a group buy/sale for peasants like me to obtain their quality exhaust lol. Seems like more and more ppl prefer this over Boost Logic's.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I hope SQM will offer a group buy/sale for peasants like me to obtain their quality exhaust lol. Seems like more and more ppl prefer this over Boost Logic's.
Right now is probably the cheapest it will be for a long while. You missed out on the holiday sale when it was a couple hundred cheaper (10% off the $2799). I jumped on it at that point.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So nice, looks like stock from afar.

I think I’m going to buy.
do it! I drove it around again today for a few miles and it's great. No regrets from me.

Even with the valves open, it really doesn't have much drone. I love it.
I mean, right now he already has it at 2799 compared to original 3299. I asked him how long that price is good for and he just said until he sells a certain number so idk how long it's going to be good for.
Sponsored