ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was curious if anyone knew If the seibon carbon fiber splitter, side skirts, and diffuser will replace the oem ones easily with no fitment issues? Also curious how this would look replacing all the oem parts with the carbon fiber, thoughts?!
Sponsored

pauljimags14

First Name
Paul Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R (Championship White)
Country flag
was planning also to change mine but im afraid with the fitment issues.

OP
OP

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
was planning also to change mine but im afraid with the fitment issues.
Were you planning on doing exactly what I was thinking taking off all the fake carbon and replacing with the real?

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I am planning on doing the same. I haven't seen anyone rocking it though.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was curious if anyone knew If the seibon carbon fiber splitter, side skirts, and diffuser will replace the oem ones easily with no fitment issues? Also curious how this would look replacing all the oem parts with the carbon fiber, thoughts?!
I have seen some people did it but cant find the thread. It looks sick!!
Do you know how long the wait time for all these CF piece.. i am thinking to do the same as well..

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Sure it looks badass but after shattering the Carbon Fiber splitter on my S2000 twice, I am glad to keep the pliable plastic in that location.

OP
OP

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sure it looks badass but after shattering the Carbon Fiber splitter on my S2000 twice, I am glad to keep the pliable plastic in that location.
Damn, my heart breaks reading that. So based on your experience you're saying not worth the switch?!

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn, my heart breaks reading that. So based on your experience you're saying not worth the switch?!
is there possibility yours will crack? maybe, depends on how cautious you drive with a little pinch of luck too. because it happened to him doesn't mean it'll happen to you necessarily.

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
is there possibility yours will crack? maybe, depends on how cautious you drive with a little pinch of luck too. because it happened to him doesn't mean it'll happen to you necessarily.
It’s not really if it’s almost a when it’ll happen, atleast for where I live. Lots of steep curtains, potholes, and rocks. Also be careful when pulling into parking spots. But it does look absolutely stunning!

Summed up, if you feel where you live won’t be an issue with potholes and debris in the roads I say do it!

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s not really if it’s almost a when it’ll happen, atleast for where I live. Lots of steep curtains, potholes, and rocks. Also be careful when pulling into parking spots. But it does look absolutely stunning!

Summed up, if you feel where you live won’t be an issue with potholes and debris in the roads I say do it!
yea like I said you just have to be cautious when parking/driving. I've had carbon front lips before with no issue.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Personally I’m jealous of you haha, just too many variables for me where I live... :(
just have to learn your way around the places and avoid bad roads. it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do lol.

And I am jealous of where you live, California is beautiful.
Jealous until you see prices for everything down here ...

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
just have to learn your way around the places and avoid bad roads. it sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do lol.

Jealous until you see prices for everything down here ...
yeah I am in the mortgage business, a 400k house in cali is practically a shack lol. still though aside from the cost of living I'd move out there in a heart beat.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe you gotta Learn2Park

Haven't cracked or shattered a CF lip in like 15+ years. Just don't follow cars in front of you too closely on the freeway and always reverse park or leave a big enough space between you and the curb.

I was planning on switching to all real CF and then adding the Varis CF stuff with it. Would love to see the seibon photos on the car.
Sponsored