Seeping oil

Ichigoramen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic si coupe
Hello guys i am new here. Got 2018 si coupe 3weeks ago already have 1,115 miles on it and i notice that my valve cover gasket is already seeping oil. So i took it to the dealer and said they take a look at it and they will involve honda because its a brand new car. If the gasket is faulty they will replace it and will take a look if something else wrong with my engine. So if you have 1.5T engine take a look at your valve cover gasket it might be leaking oil now
Sponsored

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hello guys i am new here. Got 2018 si coupe 3weeks ago already have 1,115 miles on it and i notice that my valve cover gasket is already seeping oil. So i took it to the dealer and said they take a look at it and they will involve honda because its a brand new car. If the gasket is faulty they will replace it and will take a look if something else wrong with my engine. So if you have 1.5T engine take a look at your valve cover gasket it might be leaking oil now
Do you have a picture by chance ? Hopefully they get it all taken care of for you man.

OP
OP
Ichigoramen

Ichigoramen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a picture by chance ? Hopefully they get it all taken care of for you man.
ill take a picture when i get the chance. Co’s its kind of hard to see the oil but if lift the little notch on the gasket you will see oil. They said they will take care of it because i bought the car to them and its only 3weeks ago

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Mine leaked at like 600 miles. Took it to a dealer they agreed that it was leaking and was replaced under warranty.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Heres a picture. You cant see the oil because the oil is new but starting to leak more
Damn man, I would check mine, but I don't know where to look, haha. You can tell I am not mechanically inclined, LOL.

I hope they get that taken care of for you right away though , especially since u just got it 3 weeks ago.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Wow, I just hit 5000 miles and my engine bay is still pretty much spotless.

Sorry for the misfortune. That's some bullshit.

OP
OP
Ichigoramen

Ichigoramen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn man, I would check mine, but I don't know where to look, haha. You can tell I am not mechanically inclined, LOL.

I hope they get that taken care of for you right away though , especially since u just got it 3 weeks ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen Seeping oil A6335255-21B0-4C9F-B97E-ACF008AF4E04

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Don't see it. would you mark in where the leak isonyour picture.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
clean and see if it comes back, might just be lubricant used on the assembly line.

OP
OP
Ichigoramen

Ichigoramen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
clean and see if it comes back, might just be lubricant used on the assembly line.
The thing is. Its only on the front of the balve cover thats has oil. But when i look around at both aide and back i sont see any.
Sponsored