amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
This year in the Bay area of Northern Cal I have been seeing quite a few Gen X Si's on the road. Just in the last 4 days I have see 5 in my area, last year I thought I was only one of a few that owned one where I live! I'm guessing that more people have warmed up to it, including maybe some pre X gen owners that were initially unhappy with the new engine/design decision.

On Thursday evening I spotted one on Calaveras Blvd in the City of Milpitas. On Friday late afternoon coming home from work I spotted one on Jackson making a left on Berryessa in San Jose, (the guy looked like he wanted to say hi to me, I felt awkward to wave or give the thumbs up), and on Saturday evening I spotted two Gen X Si's on Berryessa in San Jose getting on the 680 freeway (one of them had the Type R looking exhaust installed) and on Sunday I spotted a red Si Coupe on Brokaw near the Costco in San Jose. That was a lot of Si's in just a few days.

I'm wondering if more and more people in other cities and states are also seeing more Gen X Si's on the road. Let me know if this is the case.

If any of you live in the North East Berryessa area or McCollam area of San Jose and are on this forum...Hello neighbor!
Sponsored

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Not here in Canada. I see way more Type Rs than 10th gen Si's. I see probably a solid three Si's per week, but at least one Type R per day lol

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Yea I’m also seeing a few more Si than I did last year. But still just as many if not more Type R in this place as there are Si

Edit: come to think of it, over the past couple months, I’m actually seeing as many Lamborghini and mclarens on our east Toronto streets as I do Si and Type R. Strange city

Last edited:

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Same, I’ve seen about 4 In SF this past weekend. The 2 Si’s you spotted in San Jose might of been me and my friend Edgar xD I’m assuming one was white orchard pearl while the other one with the Type R exhaust would be crystal black pearl?

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
But you’re right I’m noticeably seeing a lot more Si and type R’s on the road. I’ve ran into a couple yesterday on the freeway and managed to do 3 runs with one of them

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
In a week, I am seeing around 5-8 SIs. There were 5 SIs at the Autocross this weekend. In 2017, I rarely saw one, maybe 2-3 a month. In 2018, it was probably 5-7 a month. Now they seem to be quite common. I don't usually see a CTR, mainly due to the routes I take.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same, I’ve seen about 4 In SF this past weekend. The 2 Si’s you spotted in San Jose might of been me and my friend Edgar xD I’m assuming one was white orchard pearl while the other one with the Type R exhaust would be crystal black pearl?
It was dark, but that sounds correct. You were on Berryessa getting on the 680? If so I was the Black Si in the lane left of you guys

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For me in socal I'll see maybe 3 to 4 CTR's rolling around compared to maybe 1 or 2 Si's per day
I would think the CTR is most at home in LA. Especially with all those winding roads (Malibu canyon, Sunset and Palos Verdes etc. and oh yeah, LA Bling

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I saw 4 Si's on the 16 mile trip home a couple days ago and there were an additional 3 on my way to work. These numbers do not include my car.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually see more type rs

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m seeing a LOT of the Hatchback sport touring models in Vegas. I’m happy they didn’t release that version back in 2017 otherwise I’d be the same as every lemming :p

I do see some Si’s but not nearly compared to hatches and non si variants.

BlueSi4me

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si 2016 Chevy Colorado 2014 Dodge Challenger 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Country flag
Just completed a 3000 mile trip from KC to Wyoming to Colorado and back to KC. Can't say I had my eyes peeled the whole time looking for Si's, but I didn't see any.
Sponsored