Seat vibrates when fully stopped

khuan114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sports
I notice recently that I can feel vibration in my seat when I fully stopped, just slight vibration, like a phone vibrating I searched it, sounds like it the engine mount. is this normal? I have 2018 Civic hatchback sports, 1 year old, with around 10k mileage.
Sponsored

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this your car or your wife’s car?

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I notice recently that I can feel vibration in my seat when I fully stopped, just slight vibration, like a phone vibrating I searched it, sounds like it the engine mount. is this normal? I have 2018 Civic hatchback sports, 1 year old, with around 10k mileage.
Totally normal, if no one is in my passenger seat and I'm waiting at a light I can see it physically shaking back and forth.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Yes, same here on '17 hatch. The (empty) passenger seat vibrates a lot if climate control is off (still vibrates when climate control is on, but not as bad). This is only when the car is stopped

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Totally normal, if no one is in my passenger seat and I'm waiting at a light I can see it physically shaking back and forth.
Yep. Mine too. Unfortunately, this is all part of Honda trying to squeeze out every last MPG. The engine idles really low when warm and this engine isn't the smoothest at low rpm.

OP, try this experiement. Next time you're at a stoplight, turn the A/C compressor on. Watch the RPM's go up a touch and the seat vibration go down.

OP
OP

khuan114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sports
Thank you for all the feedback. Gtman, tried your experiment, vibration gone after I turned on climate control.

FreshFK7

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Yup! I have a 2018 sport touring hatch, and every time I am stopped with the car on the passenger seat shakes and makes an annoying vibrating sound! Super frustrating!! I noticed if I move the seat to a different position it will stop, but its a daily battle! I will try the AC trick and see if that works....Thanks!

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I have a 2016 Touring and does same exact thing. Turn the ac on and it notches up a bit and vibration gone. I have asked Honda service to check into this issue twice when in for other issues and they stated it is up to factory specs and normal according to Honda.. its BS. Cant wait to get out of this car and get into a Lexus IS250 OR is350 soon.
Sponsored