Seat creaking/squeaking anyone?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
So my 2017 SI has 9K miles, and the driver's seat has started to squeak and creak like an old mattress. It's still faint, but it's definitely there and seems to be getting more noticable.

Does anyone know what in the seat could be creaking? Any recommendations?
Sponsored

3X_CVC_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I have the same issue with the front driver's seat on ym 2016 Honda Civic Sedan LX. What makes it more noticeable is that it's a 6-sp manual transmission.
Every time I depress the clutch, the seat squeaks. It seems to be from the center portion of the bottom seat, not the bolster part of the seat. For a while, I thought it was the clutch pedal that was making the squeaking noise, as the noise seem to occur when you actually depress the clutch pedal. But it's definitely not. The problem is that it comes and goes.

I am thinking of getting it to the dealer soon as it drives me crazy on some days. Very particular with car noises/sqeaks and rattles.
Hope that helps.

MugenCivicX

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Have the same issue with my Challenger. Can't figure it out. Thank the stars mine hasn't started in my SI, but im about 5,000 miles shy of you. Praying it doesn't happen. :p

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was actually able to narrow mine down. Pretty sure that it's actually coming from the seatbelt buckle (the receiver piece on my right, not the belt piece). When I'm buckled in, it gets pulled taught and begins to making creaking sounds whenever my weight shifts against the belt. Not sure what piece exactly is doing this, but I'm going to spray the whole thing with WD-40 and will see if that does the trick.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Anyone find a solution to this?
I just noticed a squeak in the driver's seat on my 2017 EX.
It comes from either the left bottom cushion or right upper side area.
I was going to make an appt with my local dealership but found this post first.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Turns out my previous guess was correct: it was the metal bracket attached to the female end of the seat belt buckle. Copious spraying with WD40 did the trick.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok sounds good. You had asked if I ever found a solution to my issue - it was the belt attachment bracket squeaking.

Hope you figure out yours.

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I was actually able to narrow mine down. Pretty sure that it's actually coming from the seatbelt buckle (the receiver piece on my right, not the belt piece). When I'm buckled in, it gets pulled taught and begins to making creaking sounds whenever my weight shifts against the belt. Not sure what piece exactly is doing this, but I'm going to spray the whole thing with WD-40 and will see if that does the trick.
Yes it was the seat belt buckle in my car as well. Drove me mad for a period of 6 months before I realized that was it. I sprayed silicone lube on all the buckle hinges and noise free since!

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
My 16,000 miles Si driver seat creaks as well. I have yet to try to find the source.

llammahed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 16,000 miles Si driver seat creaks as well. I have yet to try to find the source.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/drivers-seat-noise.11142/#post-532931
The creaking was present in cold conditions in all 2018 and 2019 Civic Si models on the lot of the dealership.
I'm pushing hard to get it resolved and once fixed, will be pushing to post service bulletin so those with the issue can have it fixed under warranty. Follow that for regular updates.
If you have the same issue, please have your dealership check it out and if they can't fix it, call 18009991009 American Honda Customer Service with the complaint.

llammahed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Elk Grove Honda repaired it at no charge:
"Inspected and found driver seat back frame is rubbing, causing noise. Insulated seat back frame where meets cushion, rechecked and found noise gone now."
Did they resolve it? I found that the squeak goes away with warmth of the interior of the car either through body heat, seat warmer, sitting in the sun, or just good old weather warmer than around 60F. I live in Virginia with 1/2 the year of cold weather so they've not yet found a fix https://www.civicx.com/threads/drivers-seat-noise.11142/#post-532931

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh, just noticed the squeaking in my 17's drivers side seat. Can't really decipher where it's coming from? I think it's somewhere on the bottom but I'm not sure.
Sponsored