Screw Hyundai they are extremely rude when trying to bargain with, looking at WRX Raiu or STI Sport

WRX Raiu or WRX STI Sport or keep civic

• Total voters
OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How am I a troll, and I'm not a kid. I'm genuinely looking into getting a different car, and I have the resources to do so. So idk what ur doing, but what all these people say are with great advice and I'm taking it into deep thought.
Sponsored

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
If the interest rate is 3.5%, 4% or below, you should not put that amount of money into the transaction. Keep a part of it to be able to pay the extra monthly and Put the rest of the money into stock market. You will easily make more profit that 4%

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How am I a troll, and I'm not a kid. I'm genuinely looking into getting a different car, and I have the resources to do so. So idk what ur doing, but what all these people say are with great advice and I'm taking it into deep thought.
I think you should just buy an actual fast car in cash (less than15k) and keep the civic as a daily..gt,camaro,s2k,370z, e55amg corvette etc.

mc21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I think you should just buy an actual fast car in cash (less than15k) and keep the civic as a daily..gt,camaro,s2k,370z, e55amg corvette etc.
Only the GT and 370z can you get with decent milage for under 15K Canadian. I agree with your statement though it's a much better idea to get a faster car you can just have a blast with and modify.

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh boy OP, you stress me out financially. Those monthly numbers you've been talking about (this thread and the previous) are not something I would want to see leaving my bank account for 8 whole years. I haven't done your math for you but it sounds to me like you should stick with something more affordable until you can handle a shorter loan period on the "dream" car. Assuming you do take 8 years (who knows... life can get pretty expensive in that time frame), at the latter end you could be paying close to $1000 a month to own and insure a car that is 3 years out of warranty (I'm assuming hyundai/subaru warranties don't last longer than 5 years...). Odds are high you'd end up selling it long before then, but with a loan that long you will be upside-down for a good long while, and that means the sale will probably not help much towards moving upwards into something nicer.

You're 19 and you've got an awesome (if not insanely sporty) car leased from new, for a reasonable price. Take the win and live comfortably - you've got tons of time.

blackhawk867

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21436
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First, my sister who is looking for a car is willing to do a lease take over for my civic hatch lx. If that fails my mom just paid off her 2013 rav4 from a 6 year finance deal, meaning she has no problem to pay for the civic if my sister fails to. Plus I could trade in the civic and get $2000 positive, since I put $7000 down and got an decent discount. I owe 16,986 on the civic and it costs 19,100 to payoff cuase fucking taxes, non the less I would still get 21,000 even for the car that is mint, no problems and is at 13,000 kms atm.

It is true that I have alot of cash to spend freely. That's the exact reason why I want to get a new more expensive car, not because I can afford (which I can) it's because I want to learn how to better control money right now and reward my self by doing so. That reward would be driving a car I actually love and get that "click" feeling if you know what I mean. This civic is nice and I like it alot l, I just hate 3 things. 1st the CVT, 2nd No moonroof, 3rd these seats are not comfortable what so ever!
I am exploring everywhere and all options on the table, and I'm taking my time too. I'm not getting a new car tommorow but it might be a few weeks before I sign something.

What I think is best is to do a short term lease on a car I like that is fun to drive, or finance a car that gives me that "click" feeling. I hate car hopping but if I'm paying for a car I better fucking love the car to bits...
Man, the amount of mental gymnastics you are going through to justify wanting a more expensive car is just absurd. OP, please, take a step back, take a deep breath, and actually read what all these replies are saying. The numbers you listed for both the Hyundai and the Subarus are crazy. It makes 0 financial sense, and will screw you long term. You've had this car a year, and now in a matter of 1 week you went from this Honda, to wanting the Hyundai, to wanting 2 different Subies. Do you really think financially committing to an 8 year loan on a single car is a good idea that you'll stick with? Absolutely not. 1-2 years from now you're going to be right back in square 1, wanting a different/new car. Except now you'll have 6+ years of a ridiculous loan to worry about, and no matter how you try to get out of it you're going to be rolling negative equity into your next loans.

I beg you, stop this madness. Stick with your current car AT LEAST until the current lease is up. When the lease ends, then worry about what your next car will be. In the time between now and then, save your money, learn some basic financial/money management skills, and ENJOY YOUR CIVIC. At 19 you are incredibly lucky to have a brand new Civic that is all your own. It is an incredible first car. I implore you to just relax and live your life smartly. You're young, you have plenty of time to get into "better" cars in the future, there is NO need to rush.

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, the amount of mental gymnastics you are going through to justify wanting a more expensive car is just absurd. OP, please, take a step back, take a deep breath, and actually read what all these replies are saying. The numbers you listed for both the Hyundai and the Subarus are crazy. It makes 0 financial sense, and will screw you long term. You've had this car a year, and now in a matter of 1 week you went from this Honda, to wanting the Hyundai, to wanting 2 different Subies. Do you really think financially committing to an 8 year loan on a single car is a good idea that you'll stick with? Absolutely not. 1-2 years from now you're going to be right back in square 1, wanting a different/new car. Except now you'll have 6+ years of a ridiculous loan to worry about, and no matter how you try to get out of it you're going to be rolling negative equity into your next loans.

I beg you, stop this madness. Stick with your current car AT LEAST until the current lease is up. When the lease ends, then worry about what your next car will be. In the time between now and then, save your money, learn some basic financial/money management skills, and ENJOY YOUR CIVIC. At 19 you are incredibly lucky to have a brand new Civic that is all your own. It is an incredible first car. I implore you to just relax and live your life smartly. You're young, you have plenty of time to get into "better" cars in the future, there is NO need to rush.
I've given it some thought. The civic is a great car l, but it's missing a few things such as a proper 6spd transmission, a moonroof and nicer seats. To everyone's surprise I have taken a few steps back, to reconsider if its worth it. I think I'll keep my civic and just live with it for the next 36 months. But that being said if I have an outstanding deal on a WRX I'll not be afraid to go for it. I make $2750-$3500 CAD a month depending on the time of year, with $10,000's saved up and currently the civic is costing me after everything $514(214 car payments/300 insurance). I like my car but I bought it last year as a cheap and fun daily, and quite frankly I did not choose the spec I liked, just what was left over in the lot!!!

I've been given the opportunity to get something that I would love, but due to what everyone has said and the poll results leaning to overwhelmingly telling me just to keep the civic, I'll not be getting any new car unless I've been given a deal that's in my favour and not in the dealerships.

Thank you everyone for you honest opinions.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've given it some thought. The civic is a great car l, but it's missing a few things such as a proper 6spd transmission, a moonroof and nicer seats. To everyone's surprise I have taken a few steps back, to reconsider if its worth it. I think I'll keep my civic and just live with it for the next 36 months. But that being said if I have an outstanding deal on a WRX I'll not be afraid to go for it. I make $2750-$3500 CAD a month depending on the time of year, with $10,000's saved up and currently the civic is costing me after everything $514(214 car payments/300 insurance). I like my car but I bought it last year as a cheap and fun daily, and quite frankly I did not choose the spec I liked, just what was left over in the lot!!!

I've been given the opportunity to get something that I would love, but due to what everyone has said and the poll results leaning to overwhelmingly telling me just to keep the civic, I'll not be getting any new car unless I've been given a deal that's in my favour and not in the dealerships.

Thank you everyone for you honest opinions.
I gotta say, that's a really mature result of this thread that I didn't expect. I know if I was in your shoes when I was 19, I would have asked for opinions then ignored them all and done whatever I wanted in the first place LOL.

I think you will be SO much better off riding out your lease, even if it's not all the way. Taking your time just puts you in a better and better financial situation for when the time comes.

Enjoy your hatch!!

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update time, it's been awhile and that's for sure, reading this brought some happy but cringy memories Lol. I've kept the civic lx hatch and I'm now at 23,000 kms. It's a nice car and I did a custom exhaust on it making me like it 1000% more, minus the deceleration drone In S and L gear at highway speeds. I admit that I was dumb as a rock back then and just wanted to live the moment the best I could. And I was looking at the wrong cars. My plan Is to keep the civic and re-fianance the $10,840 CAD buyout for 18-24 months. But I will be looking again in the summer of 2022 on cars that catch my attention and my "click" just as a back up plan if honda Canada give me a poor buyout finance deal. Just about to turn 20 and I know that life will be different now, especially with what's going around the world with Covid-19 and what not! Everyone stay safe please. Thank you so much for all the comments, good and bad. You all mean the world to me!!

P.s; to the one guy that told me to take a economic course. I did and now I'm much much much smarter when it come to my finances and how to spend it, thanks!!

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
My gran gave me great advice when I was young which was a long time ago. If you cant pay for it dont buy it. I took that advice and yes I did get a mortgage to buy my first house, anyway I'm 53 now worked hard invested wisely and now I have a property portfolio of 20 houses that I rent..... I never wasted money on cars and instead invested in property to rent for a reasonable rate of return. I now pay for my cars and have no finance, that also includes the DB9 you see in my picture on my signature which was taken at Le Mans a few years ago. Please think about what you want from a car and what you want from life, I'm not trying to lecture you just merely help with my story.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Today when I went to my local hyundai dealership I brought a brief case of $9000 CAD cash , I said this exactly "I want 1.99% instead of 2.49% and I want to pay at MSRP with NO EXTRA CHARGE and I'll sign today with $9000 down, if not I'll go look else where"

I've had the saleswoman extremely surprised and they almost said yes, she went to talk to her boss, and I heard some arguing about if they should do it and 20 MIN LATER, the boss comes back with here and basically says no. He questioned how I got $9000 in 48 hours and said that he knows what his auto techs make in a hour and they would not be able to pull out 9 grand just like that, let alone afford a Brand new Veloster N. I was surprised thinking they would of said yes, and explained that I've got this money from my savings, and I made this from my stockmarket daytrading skills from a couple years back. He proceeded to offend me by not changing the costs and added $200 on paint charge, when paint (racing blue) was FREE!!! I said good day and left.

On the way home I went to a local Subaru dealership and looked at a 2019 WRX "Raiu" that immediately caught my eyes and my heart. I talked to a salesman and look at the price here are 2 options;

36 month lease @ .5% 751 monthly
15k buyout

Or 60 month finance @1.49% 841.35 monthly

I did not talk much on numbers with down payment but simply put it would be more expensive then the civic right now.

I take it for a test drive and holy crap that clutch has a big learning curve to it, still it was fun but the ride was abit rough, mainly my meh stick shift skills.

Should I get a Subaru?

Would the WRX Raiu appreciate or at least hold its value since they were built for the canadian market with only 100 units made??? (Pics included)

Or should I get a WRX Sport tech RS or a STI Sport??

Let me know what you think.

20190816_132925.jpg

20190816_132928.jpg

20190816_132931.jpg

20190816_132933.jpg

20190816_132941.jpg

20190816_135442.jpg

20190816_135449.jpg
[/QUO
why would saleman ask you how or where you got money? that is insane even for europe standards...
that guy is a retard
I would choose the Subaru 11 times out of 10 against any Hyandai

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would choose the Subaru 11 times out of 10 against any Hyandai
Chose to keep my Honda civic... we shall see again in 2022, it will be interesting to see what hyundai and Subaru have to offer then, that's for sure...

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
I'm in the UK Ducky, do you guys find it difficult buying houses in the states?
Sponsored