Screw Hyundai they are extremely rude when trying to bargain with, looking at WRX Raiu or STI Sport

WRX Raiu or WRX STI Sport or keep civic

• Total voters
OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the briefcase made you look like a Mob Boss. Should have brought the cash in a shoebox.
The shoebox technique is abit weird and looks off for me, I'll be better off writing a regular check then...

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Not sure about Canada, but carrying larger amounts of cash in the US is invariably associated with being a drug dealer by the law enforcement. Some aliens/immigrants are used to carrying cash into stores for major purchases as a natural thing. I would advise against it. It doesn't earn you any respect - rather suspicion.
Suspicious in Canada too

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in your first post about the Veloster N, you were talking about how it sucks that you're leasing your civic, and want to actually own something. Now you're considering leasing a WRX?

First and foremost, what are you doing to get out of your current lease? That should be priority #1.

Secondly, it seems to me like you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. You're now jumping from a new civic, to a new Hyundai, and now to Subaru. You should really sit down and figure out exactly what it is you want, do a bunch of test drives. I'm conflicted on which car you should have, just reading your posts. So I can imagine how you must be feeling..

Finally, I'm really not sure you should be financing anything right now. You're young, your tastes and clearly changing rapidly, and taking short leases isn't the worst thing in the world if you want a new ride every few years. Financing for 5-8 years is a big commitment, if you're already car-hopping this much.

My advice is ride out your current lease, bank a fuck load of cash, and decide what you want to do after that. Maybe a WRX refresh...? Who knows. Just my $0.02
Tnx for give this such a deep thought! This is exactly why I love this forum. Now what you said is true and here is my answers;

First, my sister who is looking for a car is willing to do a lease take over for my civic hatch lx. If that fails my mom just paid off her 2013 rav4 from a 6 year finance deal, meaning she has no problem to pay for the civic if my sister fails to. Plus I could trade in the civic and get $2000 positive, since I put $7000 down and got an decent discount. I owe 16,986 on the civic and it costs 19,100 to payoff cuase fucking taxes, non the less I would still get 21,000 even for the car that is mint, no problems and is at 13,000 kms atm.

It is true that I have alot of cash to spend freely. That's the exact reason why I want to get a new more expensive car, not because I can afford (which I can) it's because I want to learn how to better control money right now and reward my self by doing so. That reward would be driving a car I actually love and get that "click" feeling if you know what I mean. This civic is nice and I like it alot l, I just hate 3 things. 1st the CVT, 2nd No moonroof, 3rd these seats are not comfortable what so ever!
I am exploring everywhere and all options on the table, and I'm taking my time too. I'm not getting a new car tommorow but it might be a few weeks before I sign something.

What I think is best is to do a short term lease on a car I like that is fun to drive, or finance a car that gives me that "click" feeling. I hate car hopping but if I'm paying for a car I better fucking love the car to bits...

Btw your 0.02 cents are worth much much more than that to me. Thanks once again for following my posts so closely.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I've learned a couple of things:

Don't finance toys, only necessities.
Poker rules: don't flash cash, wait till the other guy shows his hand
Re-think having a checking account, like was previously stated, makes you look much more solid.
If you have to finance longer than 5 years, you should consider something less expensive. Save your money, stay with what you have, pay it off, lease something less expensive for 3 years, walk away. Plan ahead.

With 9k down, financing 20K or so longer than 5-6 years, your probably going to be top-heavy on your loan ( you owe more than the car is worth) very early, unless you have GAP insurance, total your car and you'll still owe, although most lenders insist on it as a condition.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Relying on your sister or any relative to bail you out of your current commitment on a car you’re not happy with isn’t the most mature choice.

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Relying on your sister or any relative to bail you out of your current commitment on a car you’re not happy with isn’t the most mature choice.
I never said I was relying on her, she loves my civic and would like to take over if I get a new car, atm it's still my car and I've yet to find a good car. Plus, I'd like to see her save some money first...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Why not just up the fun factor and driveability on your Civic hatch with a KTuner or Flashpro and save a shitload of money? It totally transforms the car (reduced lag, more power). Just a thought anyway.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
If it works for everyone, then that’s cool

OP
OP
RIC3HUNT3R

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not just up the fun factor and driveability on your Civic hatch with a KTuner or Flashpro and save a shitload of money? It totally transforms the car (reduced lag, more power). Just a thought anyway.
That was the original plan... I have a Mishimoto intake, but I'm getting a refund. I would but it would void my powertrain warranty, and I dont want to risk it, especially with a damned CVT..m

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not a guaranteed void unless you're assuming it will cause powertrain issues. Just go back to factory for dealer visits. I'm tuned for a year and a half (with a CVT) and routinely beat much more sporty cars and love the driveability while keeping the same mpg at part throttle.

And you don't need an intake to enjoy the benefits of a tune.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its really strange how u beating sporty car when I have the same tunes as u and i barely beat a Mazda 6 stock
Nothing strange about it at all. We've discussed your high IAT's, high K.Control and lower octane, poor gas quality many times. There can be a noticeable difference from car to car with the same tune. It's clear to me the ECU is pulling timing on your runs.

But this is not the right topic to discuss that.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
A regular WRX or STi are nothing to boast about. You got into a bland Civic LX and you are bored with it. The best decision to make is when you initially make it. For example: when you first purchased the Civic. What was your intention? Did you want a performer, sports car, or something else?
Key to buying a car is, don't go into a dealership and waste your time until you are ready to buy. You don't need to do anything more than ask for their best price, or use market tools online to determine what vehicles are being sold for. NEVER mention how much $ down or trade until you are ready to purchase - because that is still a decision to be made that solidifies the whole deal for you NOT the dealer.
KNOW our credit worthiness and what rates you can qualify for - be it the manufacturer or your own.
Stick to vehicles that you can obtain below MSRP. That is such a B.S. number anyway.

IF your Lease and Loan numbers you provided were for a regular WRX, you are getting seriously hosed.
If your trade offer is lower than what you owe then you need to look elsewhere or live with it until it is paid in full. NEVER turn over negative equity onto a new loan, that is so wrong.

I understand you want a fun car, but that is where you should start initially. In the end, it is more than likely just a daily anyway and they ALL depreciate the same (some worse) right after you drive it off the lot.
Sponsored