Scratched My Touch Screen

aravila9816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Hey, you all!

I recently tried cleaning my screen in a Honda Civic 2016 EX with a microfiber cloth and I caused scratches that really bother me when the sun shines on the screen. None of them are deep scratches, just fine scratches. I've been really down about it recently :( Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? I wish I could ask a repair service to simply replace the glass, but I can't find any options to do that. I did order a screen protector from photodon (MXO), but I still haven't received it yet and I don't know how well that screen protector will hide the scratches. People say that it does help, but I won't see for myself until I install it. What should I do??!!

Thanks to anyone who replies!
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
The screen is actually plastic, not glass. There are a number of plastic scratch removal products, and some people recommend toothpaste.

The screen protector will make the scratch less noticeable, but it may still appear in direct sunlight. I had the same problem, but my screen was scratched while vacuuming.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forums!

OP
OP

aravila9816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
The screen is actually plastic, not glass. There are a number of plastic scratch removal products, and some people recommend toothpaste.

The screen protector will make the scratch less noticeable, but it may still appear in direct sunlight. I had the same problem, but my screen was scratched while vacuuming.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forums!
Thanks for letting me know it was plastic! That makes so much sense now lol. If they were deep scratches I would probably be crying now. Would you recommend trying to use toothpaste or any other kind of home remedy/product?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Well I was too chicken to try any of the remedies, for fear I would only make it worse. I just put the protector on it and called it a day. I am the only person who actually notices the scratches.

OP
OP

aravila9816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Well I was too chicken to try any of the remedies, for fear I would only make it worse. I just put the protector on it and called it a day. I am the only person who actually notices the scratches.
Two last questions: Did you have multiple scratches (cause I do) and how well did the screen protector work for you?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Two last questions: Did you have multiple scratches (cause I do) and how well did the screen protector work for you?
Really just one scratch, about 1.5" on the right side.

The screen protector is great. It doesn't show fingerprint smudges nearly as bad as the screen, and I don't worry about it getting scratched. I keep a microfiber cloth in the console to wipe the dust off.
Sponsored