SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Thread Updated: 01.03.18 Okay, for those not on facebook.

For those in the world of SCCA Solo (autocross) I have verified a Street Class legal rim for the Civic Type R . The 2017 Acura NSX front y-spoke rim is it. Or really all there is right now unless you can afford to have a custom wheel made. I've been quoted $6k +.

There are no rim / brake clearance issues at all. Infact someone is already using these as a set up to drive on.

Still working on tire setup. More to come.

Size: 19 x 8.5 rim with a 55 mm offset

Lug bolt pattern: 5 x 120

Weight: 18.8 lbs

Cost : $560 per wheel DelRay Acura.This includes the TPMS sensor, you may be able to buy the rim only. People have found a way to do so by ordering that single part number.

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-...d-20-quot-y-spoke-forged-alloy-wheel-set-scat

Honda Civic 10th gen SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims IMAG1612

Honda Civic 10th gen SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims IMAG1613

Honda Civic 10th gen SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims IMAG1614

Honda Civic 10th gen SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims IMAG1609

Honda Civic 10th gen SCCA Solo Legal 19 in rims IMAG1622

IMAG1746.jpg

Here they are on my CTR, Knight.

Last edited:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Wow, almost 10lbs lighter than the stock 20” wheels. Thanks for posting.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Do you think SCCA will re-write the rules for us so we could use slightly lower offsets? That would be handy! Unlikely I realize...

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Do you think SCCA will re-write the rules for us so we could use slightly lower offsets? That would be handy! Unlikely I realize...
Given the way that my 18x9ET45 fall/storage/spring rims affect handling in right-to-left transitions under full throttle acceleration - the car pulls towards the right much harder than stock - you won't want to stray very far from ET60 unless you need to. (Mind you, you can always drive differently turning left vs. turning right ;-).)

I really like the look of these NSX rims.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Given the way that my 18x9ET45 fall/storage/spring rims affect handling in right-to-left transitions under full throttle acceleration - the car pulls towards the right much harder than stock - you won't want to stray very far from ET60 unless you need to. (Mind you, you can always drive differently turning left vs. turning right ;-).)

I really like the look of these NSX rims.

Thanks for the real world verification. I have been preaching this since day one, this suspension operates very effectively as designed and the wheel offset is a major part of that and the reason that chi town brat and I spent a lot of time researching the alternatives. We eventually spoke with the HART guys at Nationals about the front wheels and went from there. I know a few people so was able to get a drawing and verify the dimensions then the young lady ordered them up for her car, did the test fit for validation and came away smiling. Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone manufactures a class legal rim for this car, the offset is very specific and probably not worth the time and expense so this might be the only way to go.

I like them as well, I think keeping it "in the family" helps the look. I told chi town brat after she ordered them she would probably get a call telling her that she had made a mistake and ordered four front wheels instead of a set...

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Thanks for the real world verification. I have been preaching this since day one, this suspension operates very effectively as designed and the wheel offset is a major part of that and the reason that chi town brat and I spent a lot of time researching the alternatives. We eventually spoke with the HART guys at Nationals about the front wheels and went from there. I know a few people so was able to get a drawing and verify the dimensions then the young lady ordered them up for her car, did the test fit for validation and came away smiling. Honestly, I would be surprised if anyone manufactures a class legal rim for this car, the offset is very specific and probably not worth the time and expense so this might be the only way to go.

I like them as well, I think keeping it "in the family" helps the look. I told chi town brat after she ordered them she would probably get a call telling her that she had made a mistake and ordered four front wheels instead of a set...
Unfortunately tire savings going from 20 to 19 isn't that great. With that said, weight savings will be huge going with the NSX wheels. The stock wheels are about 28lbs.

For those who aren't limited by wheel regulations, 18s are still going to be the size you want for track purposes. Just wish there were more options available.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Unfortunately tire savings going from 20 to 19 isn't that great. With that said, weight savings will be huge going with the NSX wheels. The stock wheels are about 28lbs.

For those who aren't limited by wheel regulations, 18s are still going to be the size you want for track purposes. Just wish there were more options available.
These are very class specific, (+ or - 1" diameter, stock rim width, no more than 7mm difference in offset), therefore 19's are as small as you can go and as such the weight savings will all be in the wheels, approximately 36% in this case and pretty substantial considering. There are way more options for the track folks, SOLO, just this one ;)

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Do you need a hub centric ring for these wheels?