Saying "It is just a 35k Civic at the end of the day" . . . Makes me so mad

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
"It is just a 35K Civic at the end of the day" has to be one of the most ignorant statements anyone makes.

How about this then,
The Ford Shelby GT500 is just a Mustang at the end of the day!
The Hellcat is just a Challenger at the end of the day!
The Camaro ZL1 is just a Camaro at the end of the day!
… and so on.

Look every cars base model is crap for performance and is sold to people who want the style but might not be able to afford the high end goodies. Comparing any cars high end to its low end is just stupid. And anyone who dismisses any performance car in this manor is simply ignorant of cars and should probably be driving an I Phone..er I mean tesla or Ecar.

Its just a civic... LOL... Why not ask the dipshit who pulled up to me last night in his louder then hell fancy Camaro, all revving and wanting to race with his Dale JR race team stickers. Well when I left him in the dust at a rolling race on the interstate I guess all that off the line power didn't mean shit now did it? So I guess he was back there going, "Whatever its just a civic" while crying over some Hank Williams and stroking his dash bobble head of Dale Jr.
Sponsored

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
All those cars have a base car brand ,but at the end of day they know its isn't just a civic if it were you could swap everything to a base and that can't be done because the type r is wider stiffer and has many other un interchangeable parts that can't just be thrown in the base hatch . Have mine and poeple definitely know its not just a civic

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me try this...

The GT2RS is just a 911 at the end of the day!
The Senna is just a 720s at the end of the day!
The Chiron is just a Bugatti at the end of the day! ... Wait this isnt working anymore...
LOL guess I should clarify . I mean with everyday people cars :). Not the cars of the 1% who can afford those. I mean a base lambo is still, well, a lambo lol

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
How about this then,
The Ford Shelby GT500 is just a Mustang at the end of the day!
The Hellcat is just a Challenger at the end of the day!
The Camaro ZL1 is just a Camaro at the end of the day!
… and so on.
They are, but their lower models are still performance vehicles.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are, but their lower models are still performance vehicles.
Are they? Define performance. They are Heavy, Underpowered for that weight and cant do anything but go straight. The Challenger specifically is a boat towing an anchor. The heaviest car of the bunch with the least power.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What else can you buy for 35k new that's as perfornance oriented that has 4doors though? If it was any luxury brands they would be the frowned upon models c class, 3series, 1 series a3 etc. Enjoy what you have forget everything else

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Are they? Define performance. They are Heavy, Underpowered for that weight and cant do anything but go straight. The Challenger specifically is a boat towing an anchor. The heaviest car of the bunch with the least power.
They are still comparatively faster than your base cousin by a huge margin. Hence, more performance oriented.

Stop obsessing - enjoy your Civic. :)

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Why does that offend people?

I LOVE IT!

What do you drive... a civic. Then slaughter track times or literally be pointed by SuperMoto bikes on mountain passes. That makes me much much much more proud than to do the same in my Exige.

Being able to tell people oh... yeah I just hauled 18 boxes of floor in this yesterday as you utter destroy their reality of your pace.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I love the fact that it's just a 35k Civic at the end of the day. It gets many perks:

Better insurance
Cheaper maintenance
Surprised looks on unsuspecting faces
Higher availability of aftermarket manufactured parts (with a moderate Type R tax if not universal to the Hatch)
And more...

But I think I understand your sentiment @Harlaquin, however this is part of owning something that has some portion of the automotive limelight. The various "realists", trolls, haters, etc... come out to convince you your opinion is wrong. It's easier to just say "Ok" and move on. Just much less stress at the end of the day, haha.

I love this car, and am happy it's "Just a Civic".

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the fact that it's just a 35k Civic at the end of the day. It gets many perks:

Better insurance
Cheaper maintenance
Surprised looks on unsuspecting faces
Higher availability of aftermarket manufactured parts (with a moderate Type R tax if not universal to the Hatch)
And more...

But I think I understand your sentiment @Harlaquin, however this is part of owning something that has some portion of the automotive limelight. The various "realists", trolls, haters, etc... come out to convince you your opinion is wrong. It's easier to just say "Ok" and move on. Just much less stress at the end of the day, haha.

I love this car, and am happy it's "Just a Civic".
Oh me too. I love its just a civic. I hate when its said with distain and dismissal as a put down by ignorant people. As if the POS they are typically driving is some prize.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
well, somebody is bored today lol :coffee:
Sponsored