Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
So found out my wife and I are having a second baby and need bigger vehicle so the si is going to Kia niro hybrid crossover .Kills me . Getting 20k for it trade in . With aftermarket plus Hondata going with the car but I have stock parts and in air intake, front pipe, down pipe, intercooler and piping. Thanks to all that have help with my questions

I still have my r32 skyline with play with
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I put 3 kids in the back, 7 year old in the middle. 10 month old in baby carrier, 2 year old in front facing car seat. It's doable. My trunk is packed with a stroller and baby on back hiking harness.

The wifes Chevy Traverse is a much better fit. However the 3rd row is folded down since the owners manual points out you should never put child seats in the middle row unless it's all the way back. Putting it all the way back reduces the legroom in the third row so much that even my 7 year old isn't comfortable. But we are able to fit the 3 of them across the back in the middle row without a problem, and the cargo space easily holds a graco expanding double stroller, two diaper bags, and plenty of groceries. The Traverse has more cargo space than a Tahoe, which is what my wife originally wanted. Given her leadfoot driving and very short commute(two of my brothers, her sisters house, her mothers house, her job, the kids daycare, summercamp, and elementary school are all in a 5 mile drive) she averages 13 mpg. When I drive her car it averages 20 mpg.

The Kia Niro looks waaaay small for kid hauling. I would imagine the hybrid aspect only reduces it further. Good luck.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
1. Congratulations on the baby!

2. What year/mileage is your Si? Sedan/Coupe?

3. I have two kids, and they fit fine in my 17 Si sedan. But if I was trading in, I'd go Pilot or Highlander.

OP
OP
Urabus99

Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
The hybrid is the reason. Wife drives 100miles everyday to work .
2018- 18k miles on i . It is a si sedan

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Try car vanna one guy got like 22 k plus!

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Congratulations on the Baby:)

I have my now 6 year old with the booster in the SI. There is decent about of space and he is tall with longer legs.

If your wife and you are set on the Kia, I would check out the new 2020 Soul Turbo as well.

gr8-wrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 & 2013 Civics
Country flag
Congrats on the baby! :nixon:

I totally understand, if you need to fit both kids in rear facing seats, it would be a really tight fit in the Si (unless you and your wife are really, really short).

OP
OP
Urabus99

Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Congratulations on the Baby:)

I have my now 6 year old with the booster in the SI. There is decent about of space and he is tall with longer legs.

If your wife and you are set on the Kia, I would check out the new 2020 Soul Turbo as well.
Kia soul is about 30kplus. ,
Basically space and fuel . Niro get 51mpg hybrid

OP
OP
Urabus99

Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Congrats on the baby! :nixon:

I totally understand, if you need to fit both kids in rear facing seats, it would be a really tight fit in the Si (unless you and your wife are really, really short).
Thank you . We have a elantra which will now become my car . But I have my r32 skyline in the garage

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Kia soul is about 30kplus. ,
Basically space and fuel . Niro get 51mpg hybrid
Seems like it's just that time for you to focus on your new baby bro. Congrats!

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats on the baby. I love hearing these stories of people moving on to another phase in life.

I take it you'll never forget your Si even though it appears you only had it for a year or two. Hopefully you'll still post on this thread.

OP
OP
Urabus99

Urabus99

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si
Country flag
Congrats on the baby. I love hearing these stories of people moving on to another phase in life.

I take it you'll never forget your Si even though it appears you only had it for a year or two. Hopefully you'll still post on this thread.
Thank you . It was my first si out of all my cars. Always been a subaru guy but moved on from the wrx to the si and loved the change . Cheaper to work on and easier to work on and couldn't beat 40mpg with botl ons with a tsp stage 1 tune .

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Congrats for the baby!
Did the same a while ago... sold my 2010 GTi for a Nissan Murano... babies required a lot of space in the car
Sponsored