amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
On Friday I sold my last part, the only thing I have left of my Si is the stock shift knob, which I am keeping as a memento. I just want to say that this is a great community, I had a lot of fun, and learned a lot. Like the real world, this forum is filled with everyday people (I bought it for the gas mileage, price, and a bit of fun), moderates (I'm just going to buy Ktuner, and maybe an exhaust), and hardcore enthusiasts (this baby needs an intake, dp, turbo, ethanol and 400 whp!) and I enjoyed interacting with all of you!

But all good things must come to an end and it's now time to say goodbye. Multiple projects at work that need to be completed, and my travel schedule between California and Texas will be occupying all my time until the end of the year. But before I go I will leave you with the three things that for me made this car much better, which I have written threads on:

1. Changed out the OEM transmission fluid to Amsoil Synchromesh
2. Ktuner TSP Stage 1 tune
3. Acuity shifter rocker upgrade

All right everyone. Adios!

Honda Civic 10th gen Saying goodbye to the Si/Civic community IS350 On the Road.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Safe travels! Beware Canadian humour! Yes, even in the States, Canadian humour runs rampant! Lol

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck dude

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
What's the MTF change interval? :catfight:

Later, dude... Good luck

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the MTF change interval? :catfight:

Later, dude... Good luck
LOL that is precious! You know I need to do what I did with FB....turn off notifications. BTW according to Lexus, you never change the ATF life of the car. No dipstick, no filler hole for the trans. I dunno about that.....where am I going to pour my Amsoil?

Hey thanks everyone!

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Like the IS350 bro. It's a worthy replacement. Best of luck with her :thumbsup:

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Toyota World Standard Transmission Fluid - You can change it out, Amsoil even made a special formula. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4456709/World_Standard_Toyota_ATF?
Tons of tutorials around but 100,000 miles I think was the consensus we came too with Toyota Tech & Others in the Automotive field. We had 10+ DIY guys drain their transmission oil when they went to do an oil change on their brand new Tacoma's.......right when these started coming out. It was really weird, took us awhile working with Toyota but we were able to swap it out rather quickly. The ports are hard to access and we used pumps but the cheap grease/fluid pumps work as well. We later started offering the service, might check some Toyota/Lexus dealerships......not a problem for most anymore! Smaller shops should know now too.

While I love the IS 350 and that sweet V6, I hope you gave the new Accord 2.0T a try? Crazy cheap now, fantastic 10 speed automatic, warranty & same ballpark power wise! All the Honda guys I still talk to said they are doing great and don't have any pronounced issues so far!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Toyota World Standard Transmission Fluid - You can change it out, Amsoil even made a special formula. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4456709/World_Standard_Toyota_ATF?
Tons of tutorials around but 100,000 miles I think was the consensus we came too with Toyota Tech & Others in the Automotive field. We had 10+ DIY guys drain their transmission oil when they went to do an oil change on their brand new Tacoma's.......right when these started coming out. It was really weird, took us awhile working with Toyota but we were able to swap it out rather quickly. The ports are hard to access and we used pumps but the cheap grease/fluid pumps work as well. We later started offering the service, might check some Toyota/Lexus dealerships......not a problem for most anymore! Smaller shops should know now too.

While I love the IS 350 and that sweet V6, I hope you gave the new Accord 2.0T a try? Crazy cheap now, fantastic 10 speed automatic, warranty & same ballpark power wise! All the Honda guys I still talk to said they are doing great and don't have any pronounced issues so far!
Thanks for the info, I was sort of joking. My mechanic knows how to do it, he did it for my 2013 Sienna when it reached 100k.

I have driven the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T, although it is pretty powerful and really nice, it's still nothing like driving a V6. Also I didn't want to spend that type of money. I did consider a used Accord Sport V6, but I have always wanted an IS 350

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I was sort of joking. My mechanic knows how to do it, he did it for my 2013 Sienna when it reached 100k.

I have driven the 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T, although it is pretty powerful and really nice, it's still nothing like driving a V6. Also I didn't want to spend that type of money. I did consider a used Accord Sport V6, but I have always wanted an IS 350
Hey, you know Toyotas, what's the best way to make my RAV4's transmission not feel like it's encased in stone all the time. :spaz:

Enjoy the Lexus ~:headbang:

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey, you know Toyotas, what's the best way to make my RAV4's transmission not feel like it's encased in stone all the time. :spaz:

Enjoy the Lexus ~:headbang:
Ha ha, get either an older one with the 6 speed Auto or get one with the 3.5L V6! Or you can try Sports mode. Unfortunately although the 2.5L has enough power, the 8 speed auto is always trying to find the most efficient gear for better mpg's

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ha ha, get either an older one with the 6 speed Auto or get one with the 3.5L V6! Or you can try Sports mode. Unfortunately although the 2.5L has enough power, the 8 speed auto is always trying to find the most efficient gear for better mpg's
It's a 2007, 5 gears would be a luxury in mine sadly, it only has 4 :(
Sponsored