ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So, I'm not in the market for a new car, love my '18 Sport HB 6MT... but I was surfing around and saw this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Honda...0ed67058:g:7j8AAOSwcapcE-Fh:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Seems reeeeaaally cheap. Talks about replaced parts, so I'm thinking it was in an accident but perhaps not totaled, the listing says clean title.

Anyhow, I thought it was interesting. Anyone bother to find out the story?
Sponsored

mechanical42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
"Replaced parts: Front bumper cover, front reinforcement bar, right headlight, Rad/condenser/fan and hood . All the work has been performed in our bodyshop. "
No way to know the quality though

Brunske15

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Accident on private property or accident that was never reported? Previous owner could've crashed it in to their house and had it fixed outside of insurance?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Seems too good to be true. People selling cars aren't in the business of charity. I totally get selling your car for a competitive price so you can get rid of it sooner, but at this price its pretty much a bigger loss than anything. Damage was extensive on that car most likely, and the seller knows this so he is selling it for this price. However, it could have been repaired adequately for all you know. I'd say your best bet if you really are interested is to get a pre purchase inspection at a shop and see what they say, then go from there.

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Didn't say anything around fixing the front airbag. Looks like the passenger side airbag blew out on that one.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Using its vin, I can't find any of the photos of the car beforehand, but I'd still run and hide from this thing
Sponsored