2.0L RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Another update (mainly for my own records since my memory sucks):

Finally finished opening up the hole enough so the O2 sensor will fit inside the super short spacer, swapped that in place of the short spacer and 2 thin washers, and refreshed the codes for a fresh reading (there wasn't any CEL flagged since my last post).

Currently there's not much breathing room for the O2 sensor's side holes since I want to try it out first before opening it up more.
Been 1 month since my last update, no CEL. Lets see if it stays that way as the weather gets cooler.
Sponsored

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Been 1 month since my last update, no CEL. Lets see if it stays that way as the weather gets cooler.
By now it's been nearly 3 months and still no CEL.

Hopefully enough time has passed where I can say I finally officially solved the CEL issue.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Just to confirm youre on the catted downpipe? And also how much did you bore the spacer out? Im interested in doing that.
io believe is the catless version, i have installed in my car the catted version and no check engine lights so far.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Just to confirm youre on the catted downpipe? And also how much did you bore the spacer out? Im interested in doing that.
Yup, 2017 LX 2.0L Coupe CVT with RV6 Catted DP, AEM Intake, and KTuner.

So to be honest I don't remember the exact measurement. I want to say it was around .55, but might've been more.

Basically it was opened up enough so the 02 sensor will fit completely + a bit more so there's breathing room around the outer surface of the 02 sensor (which has a bunch of sensor holes around the circumstance of the tip).

Actually you know what- I'll go and check the measurements since it only takes a minute to remove it, BRB.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20201209-000514_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20201209-000516_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20201209-000512_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20201209-000510_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers Screenshot_20201209-000505_Gallery

Hopefully these help. My caliper measurments aren't very precise, so expect my margin of error to be off by around +/- .003 for both measurements.

One interesting thing is that I thought I had left some breathing room around the circumference of the O2 sensor, but it looks the black carbon(?) burn residue is building up enough to where there's not much (if any) breathing room. Either way I'll just keep it as is for now, and if it eventually gets clogged up and flags then I can just open the hole up more.

Also- in case it's not clear in my photo, the extra short spacer I used is called Dorman Help! Spark Plug Non-Foulers (42009), and comes in a pack of 2 (in the middle photo you can compare the undrilled one vs drilled).

Last edited:

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I also have the catted one, and based off this thread apparently it's more likely to flag when aftermarket intakes are used (I have the AEM one). Also climate seems to be a factor.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I also have the catted one, and based off this thread apparently it's more likely to flag when aftermarket intakes are used (I have the AEM one). Also climate seems to be a factor.
Good to know, how about your IAT temperatures? You notice any increase in temperatures after the installation? I live in south Florida and the heat is very serious here in other hand I did the throttle body coolant delete this was helpful but I'm between 15 to 25 degrees over ambient with the original air box, I don't want to imagine the same escenario with a short air intake.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Honestly I'm not sure, do you use Torque to figure it out? I've really only used it to check the engine codes, but can try figure out how to read the IAT next time I drive.

I never checked the IAT's previously before installing the AEM so I wouldn't know the difference, but I can post what IAT's I'm getting and see how that compares to everyone else.

Oh and I also have the Pro Design Performance grille but don't know how much of a difference that makes either.

Do you know which IAT readings that I should look out for?

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Honestly I'm not sure, do you use Torque to figure it out? I've really only used it to check the engine codes, but can try figure out how to read the IAT next time I drive.

I never checked the IAT's previously before installing the AEM so I wouldn't know the difference, but I can post what IAT's I'm getting and see how that compares to everyone else.

Oh and I also have the Pro Design Performance grille but don't know how much of a difference that makes either.

Do you know which IAT readings that I should look out for?
this depend in your location in my case the readings are about 15 to 25 degress over ambient(105 to 1115), i'm using the cluster ambient temperature and for the IAT the Ktunner what is that pro design performance grille? can you share the link please.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
this depend in your location in my case the readings are about 15 to 25 degress over ambient(105 to 1115), i'm using the cluster ambient temperature and for the IAT the Ktunner what is that pro design performance grille? can you share the link please.
Gotcha, I will try and record those next time I drive it.

The grill is this one, which has a wider opening compared to stock grille so it supposedly lets more air in, but I have no idea whether it actually helps or not:

https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/pro-design-honeycomb-performance-mesh-grille.html

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
By now it's been nearly 3 months and still no CEL.

Hopefully enough time has passed where I can say I finally officially solved the CEL issue.

Soo unfortunately I got a P0420 yesterday when it was around 27 degrees F, but it's been 5 months since I installed the super short spacer that I bored out, so since it flagged a P0420 meaning it's too "close" I will try adding a thin washer to the super short bored out spacer. Since it took 5 months to get that reading, I must be getting close to finally solving this lol.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Soo unfortunately I got a P0420 yesterday when it was around 27 degrees F, but it's been 5 months since I installed the super short spacer that I bored out, so since it flagged a P0420 meaning it's too "close" I will try adding a thin washer to the super short bored out spacer. Since it took 5 months to get that reading, I must be getting close to finally solving this lol.
Nope not solved yet. Another P0420 about 3 months since my last update with an outdoor temp around 90ish degrees. Replaced thin washer with thicker washer to move the sensor further back a tad. Assuming that fails, next I will try removing the washer and opening up the spacer a bit more for additional breathing room.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Nope not solved yet. Another P0420 about 3 months since my last update with an outdoor temp around 90ish degrees. Replaced thin washer with thicker washer to move the sensor further back a tad. Assuming that fails, next I will try removing the washer and opening up the spacer a bit more for additional breathing room.
Flagged P0420 again after a little over 2 months since my last update, but before I try boring out the hole further I decided to try something else and removed the thicker washer and replaced it with the 2 crush washers that came with the extra short spacer, placing one before and also one after the spacer. We'll see what happens.

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Good to know, how about your IAT temperatures? You notice any increase in temperatures after the installation? I live in south Florida and the heat is very serious here in other hand I did the throttle body coolant delete this was helpful but I'm between 15 to 25 degrees over ambient with the original air box, I don't want to imagine the same escenario with a short air intake.
Sorry for the extremely late response but I remembered to try checking the IAT using Torque but unfortunately it's been permanently stuck on 113 degrees and won't move at all so I'm wondering if anyone happens to know how to fix that?
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 1

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 2