FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
If you want I can send you my video clip directly to you if you want to upload it for me, I'm just irrationally paranoid when it comes to making new accounts on the largest spying/data collection giant that is YouTube/Google (also I just don't want to make an account using real info and it wouldn't let me make one using fake info with a burner email address...I know, I know, they already have literally all my info and activity tracked anyways but still...).

I forgot if you mentioned previously, but do you have any other power mods? Because basically if you have an aftermarket intake then you don't need the L-spacer/defouler thing, but if you have a stock intake then you might need it to keep the CEL off. Stock exhaust shouldn't matter for the CEL issue, but the downpipe will make it much louder if you later decide to modify the exhaust.

Dont worry about the video. Already decided that I'm putting it on today. Just waiting on a friend to come over and help me. I sent a email to RV6 on the spacer and they said that they found its not needed. Therefore I'll just monitor it over the next few days.

As for power mods, the only thing I have right now is ktuner. Don't plan on getting intake or doing anything further to the exhaust since I would like it to be as low noise as possible. This is probably the only thing i'll do for now until something else is discovered or created for our engine to unlock more power.
Sponsored

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Catless is gonna flag regardless. You're not going to get around it. Every person who has posted on here has said the same.

For highflow cat, even if you have stock intake and exhaust, plugging the bottom O2 sensor directly in should work just fine.

Torque the top bolts/nuts to about 40 lbs. Hand crank til they "stop". Bottom should be about the same. Start it up after tightening, let it run a short moment, shut it off, then see if you can tighten slightly more. Don't force it or you'll snap the bolt heads on bottom two of the top four.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Install was a breeze. I am extremely happy with this purchase. It has added a ton of responsiveness and like others have said on here already it fills in the middle and high end of the power band. The range from low to high just flows so smoothly now. I have k-tuner set to throttle response 2 and Love it! Need to test more this week. Put about 50 miles on it so far and no CEL. Car is way more fun now. If you have K-tuner get this pipe.

As for sound with my stock exhaust. Barely notice much of a difference. Here's a video of how it sounds below. I should have done a before and after but I really wanted to put it on and just finished cooling the engine for install when I thought of it, but trust me it nearly sounds the same. For me this is exactly what I wanted since its my daily driver and I don't want to attract attention.

As for install tips. Get a 18inch 3/8 drive breaker bar. Some 3/8 drive extensions, I used a 3 inch and 6 inch. Harbor Fright has the o2 sensor 7/8 socket for $8. Sockets needed 10, 12, 14. WD-40 to Help take off bottom bolts. If you have a impact driver you life is gonna be extra easy to get those bottom bolts off cause there's a crap ton of blue locktight on those suckers. Took me and a friend 25 mins total.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
Install was a breeze. I am extremely happy with this purchase. It has added a ton of responsiveness and like others have said on here already it fills in the middle and high end of the power band. The range from low to high just flows so smoothly now. I have k-tuner set to throttle response 2 and Love it! Need to test more this week. Put about 50 miles on it so far and no CEL. Car is way more fun now. If you have K-tuner get this pipe.

As for sound with my stock exhaust. Barely notice much of a difference. Here's a video of how it sounds below. I should have done a before and after but I really wanted to put it on and just finished cooling the engine for install when I thought of it, but trust me it nearly sounds the same. For me this is exactly what I wanted since its my daily driver and I don't want to attract attention.

As for install tips. Get a 18inch 3/8 drive breaker bar. Some 3/8 drive extensions, I used a 3 inch and 6 inch. Harbor Fright has the o2 sensor 7/8 socket for $8. Sockets needed 10, 12, 14. WD-40 to Help take off bottom bolts. If you have a impact driver you life is gonna be extra easy to get those bottom bolts off cause there's a crap ton of blue locktight on those suckers. Took me and a friend 25 mins total.
Thanks for the vid that's exactly how i want mine to sound low key + performance benfits, seems to sound a little sportier at WOT?

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just took it out for a bit for science research. I'm close to 80 miles now, still with no CEL. I pushed it pretty hard during my last 13 miles, did a lot of quick bursts and down shifts. I am extremely impressed with how much the response has improved. Rev matching feels easier to and immediately engaging vtec after a downshift is super satisfying. It really makes me wonder how much more power could be achieved if this engine had headers instead. K-tuner plus this downpipe is a super sweet power gain for the cost. The extremely easy installation and setup is a just a must buy for anyone wanting to get more power out of this engine. These 2 mods make a dramatic difference from the stock setup of the car.

On my next drive i'll try my best to keep myself in check and drive like i normally would to see how the mpg changes. My average was 35 with just using K-tuner.

Thanks for the vid that's exactly how i want mine to sound low key + performance benfits, seems to sound a little sportier at WOT?
It is noticeably more raspy at WOT but not enough to draw attention. I kinda would like it to be a little bit more louder just to make the boost in acceleration gain be more pleasing.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I wonder how loud catless is gunna be for me cause the only things I have running on my exhaust setup is an 18” cherry bomb glass pack so I feel like mines gunna be screaming lol

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed catless today, the rasp is VERY REAL, I’m really hoping it simmers down soon or I will have to make some changes to my exhaust lol

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Installed catless today, the rasp is VERY REAL, I’m really hoping it simmers down soon or I will have to make some changes to my exhaust lol
Are you still running your stock exhaust? Oh sorry I just read your last post. Mine was real bad to. I just had to remove it. I was just running a dbx Flowmaster in mine. It seems like it works good for people still running stock exhaust.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you still running your stock exhaust? Oh sorry I just read your last post. Mine was real bad to. I just had to remove it. I was just running a dbx Flowmaster in mine. It seems like it works good for people still running stock exhaust.
No I’m not at all lol the only thing I got is an 18” cherry bomb where the resonator is no muffler either it’s pretty damn loud

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No I’m not at all lol the only thing I got is an 18” cherry bomb where the resonator is no muffler either it’s pretty damn loud
And I haven’t really been able to test it out a lot but I’m really missing the power gain I need more drive time but initially I guess I was expecting a little more but too early to judge

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I know what you mean by “Loud”. Mine sounded like I was flooring it anytime I was leaving a light. I don’t like that kind of attention. So I went back to factory cat. My Flowmaster sounds great by itself. Like I said, I think if somebody wants to do this mod then they might want to keep the stock exhaust

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I know what you mean by “Loud”. Mine sounded like I was flooring it anytime I was leaving a light. I don’t like that kind of attention. So I went back to factory cat. My Flowmaster sounds great by itself. Like I said, I think if somebody wants to do this mod then they might want to keep the stock exhaust
So true it does sound like I’m gunning it everytime lol but I’m just hoping that it really shines in the performance standpoint to make up for the loud noise but I feel like I lost a lot of low end power I guess this is more of a top end upgrade? Not sure how my exhaust is affecting the performance

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So true it does sound like I’m gunning it everytime lol but I’m just hoping that it really shines in the performance standpoint to make up for the loud noise but I feel like I lost a lot of low end power I guess this is more of a top end upgrade? Not sure how my exhaust is affecting the performance
You won’t be able to floor it without every cop in a one mile radius hearing you lol. So needless to say I really didn’t get to open it up to feel the difference because I was way too loud. Mine was even the catted version. But oh well, I sold it to somebody else. I hope they are enjoying it.

TiceKustoms

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic ex 2.0l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What code are you getting?
I haven't pulled the code yet, but the screen says there is an emissions problem. Just had shoulder surgery, so I can't drive for at least 4 weeks. Only other engine modification on the car is a c.a.i. Have never had a code, until now. Car has 10k miles on it.
Sponsored

Last edited: