Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just went ahead and attempted to connect the O2 sensor directly into the downpipe, but unfortunately I was unable to test whether that worked due to the wires now being too short to connect to it due to the positioning of the O2 sensor being moved away by several inches (along with the wires facing 90 degrees to the side instead of pointed directly up to where it plugs in). An additional male/female extension cable (just like the one that came with the downpipe) should provide enough length to connect it successfully with some extra wiggle room.
Doh I did not think of this. PM me your address and I will send you a extension.

lol, dyno. It's a monstrous improvement. Driving without it sucked. The car just zips and goes, and riiips at high rev. It's a joke to question if it's worth it. Tune, pipe and go.
We are happy to hear this. :thumbsup:

I have Ktuner and full K&N intake.

Haven't adjusted the defouler as of yet. But it usually takes about 50 miles or two days before it flags. Last cycle CEL stayed on for about a week until temps dropped from 90F to 60F, but it came back on later that same night.
Have you ever check your long term fuel trims with KTuner? Sometimes intakes can throw this wildly off.
Sponsored

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Have you ever check your long term fuel trims with KTuner? Sometimes intakes can throw this wildly off.
I'd need an education on this, what it should be, and how to adjust it. Also, how would this affect the O2 sensor that's reporting slow response?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd need an education on this, what it should be, and how to adjust it. Also, how would this affect the O2 sensor that's reporting slow response?
It should be around +/- 3. If it is much more than that your ECU is fighting the intake in order to correct for the amount of air the MAF sensor is reading. This can be tweaked in with the MAF voltage curve in KTuner. We have found this to wreak havoc with all sorts of CELs on other platforms.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Would be extremely interested to see the gains with the catted downpipe and tune. Would there by additional tuning required for the KTuner to account for the downpipe or do the base tune and downpipe work relatively well together?

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would be extremely interested to see the gains with the catted downpipe and tune. Would there by additional tuning required for the KTuner to account for the downpipe or do the base tune and downpipe work relatively well together?
Typically, after installing the downpipe, whether it is catted or not, you will need a full custom tune to take full advantage of it and avoid any potential overboosting

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Typically, after installing the downpipe, whether it is catted or not, you will need a full custom tune to take full advantage of it and avoid any potential overboosting
Not going to overboost in a 2.0 NA.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not going to overboost in a 2.0 NA.
lol obviously not, its just the thread is rather long and turbo charged owners have chipped in, the comment was for those! For N/A, all you need is the CEL gone

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Yeah it would be nice to see some real numbers for those that got the whole package like intake, tune, and downpipe so that people will be more tempted to drop $500 for the downpipe

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I will be installing my catted downpipe tomorrow. I’m already tuned with ktuner. I am keeping my original intake though. I just feel the original intake is sufficient for this engine. But I will definitely post my results.
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers B2060E12-A87C-4141-9CF5-3A90B8456D45

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Yeah it would be nice to see some real numbers for those that got the whole package like intake, tune, and downpipe so that people will be more tempted to drop $500 for the downpipe
Intake, catless, Invidia exhaust, custom tune with KTuner produced 171whp. Shave 10-20 for high flow cat.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Intake, catless, Invidia exhaust, custom tune with KTuner produced 171whp. Shave 10-20 for high flow cat.
Wow that seems crazy low... hard to think it’s really worth throwing more money into if we’re only gunna be pushing 160-170 whp, I know stock whp is around 130 something, we need to figure out how to get 200 whp and I think most of us would be happy lol

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Doh I did not think of this. PM me your address and I will send you a extension.
Just received it and immediately used it to connect the O2 sensor directly into the down pipe (thus removing the defouler/spacer thing), and reset the ECU. Hopefully this will work
Sponsored