RV6 front compliance mount bushings

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Are there stiffer (but still not solid) bushings than stock available? Are the Whitelines also solid? And do they include replacements for all suspension bushings (ball joints, tie rods, and control arms)?
Sponsored

TheShadow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 Type R #00561, 2012 Civic Si, 2000 Civic CX Hatchback
Country flag
I would also be curious how an 18" wheel may help reduce an increase in harshness compared to the stock 20" setup. I could see having more tire compliance helping to mask the solid bushing feel. I'm on 18s now and will be for the rest of the car's life.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually spoke with @RV6 about these long ago, didn’t get them because he stated as above they were too harsh for street use, I ended up buying the whiteline ones, will give feedback once they ship them to me.
After talking to some of the race guys they think these parts might be streetable.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sure. These are solid so no more slop. However they might be harsh on the street. The tires would be doing all the dampening.
To clarify - which bushings would you recommend for this purpose? Steering rack bushings? Tie rods bushings? Etc.

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The post is about the RV6 Compliance mount and spherical bushing. You can check them out here.

https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-17-civic-...t-compliance-mount-and-spherical-bushing.html

rv6_suspension_3.jpg

rv6_suspension_4.jpg
Thanks. My apologies, I should have phrased my question better. I see in the description of the item that it mentions removing all of the slop from the front suspension. Does that mean that the RV6 kit comes with replacements for all front suspension bushings, including the tie rod bushings and ball joints? And then as a follow up, I’ve read that the steering rack itself has a bushing - is that part of this kit as well?

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. My apologies, I should have phrased my question better. I see in the description of the item that it mentions removing all of the slop from the front suspension. Does that mean that the RV6 kit comes with replacements for all front suspension bushings, including the tie rod bushings and ball joints? And then as a follow up, I’ve read that the steering rack itself has a bushing - is that part of this kit as well?
Maybe I shouldn't have said all the slop. Just the slop in the front lower control arm, which is significant. Tie rods and ball joints are already solid and have no rubber in them. Not sure about the steering rack, I am pretty sure it is bolted solid to the frame.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe I shouldn't have said all the slop. Just the slop in the front lower control arm, which is significant. Tie rods and ball joints are already solid and have no rubber in them. Not sure about the steering rack, I am pretty sure it is bolted solid to the frame.
Gotcha - thanks for the clarification!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@RV6 do you know how much caster one can expect to gain with this?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
None. I think you need a adjustable camber plate for caster.
Ah, ok. I thought that this might have re-positioned the control arm forward. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored