redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Hi guys! First post on the forum. I just bought a 2019 civic si back in April and just recently have been researching the different mod options for the car. I pulled the trigger on KTuner and currently am running the TSP Stage 1 tune which made a HUGE difference vs stock tune, but I'm looking to get a little better sound and performance.

I'm looking into the catback race exhaust from MAPerformance and I was thinking about pairing it with RV6 catted front pipe & downpipe combo. I really like that they let you keep the heat shield and I've read it doesn't throw the CEL either; not to mention they seem to make a fantastic product with the option to coat (silver/black) the fp/dp.

I was wondering if anyone has the RV6 fp/dp combo along with a MAPerformance exhaust - just wanted to get some opinions on how you guys like your set up, how difficult the install was, etc. Also wondering if anyone has the black ceramic coat or the silver ceramic coat for the RV6 fp/dp and if that is worth the extra money to get them coated. I was going to coat the downpipe regardless, but didn't know if I should do the entire assembly. Black ceramic or silver ceramic?

Any info, thoughts, opinions, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm if you only want a “little better sound” the down/front pipe combo should be enough for that. I would wait on exhaust til you hear it with those first. I personally would get them coated, not sure if there’s a difference but I’d ask/research if either coat option is better for handling heat and go with that.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the response 2tone. I was being a little coy with my verbiage when I said “a little better sound”; I meant that nice loud (but not annoying) deep exhaust sound from the car. I just also want the performance with it too. Originally I was just going to do the exhaust because the videos I watched showed them giving out fantastic deep tones, but the performance gains are minimal, if at all. I’ve read dp/fp combo can you give a lot of performance gains especially if you’re running a tune. I just want to ensure I’m getting the best bang for my buck.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhh I see, well in that case I’d start with exhaust only and Ktuner from tsp for that free stage 1 if you don’t already have a tune.

OP
OP
redcivic19x

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I do have the tune from tsp stage 1. KTuner was the first thing I picked up. Just not sure if I do exhaust and then do like a cold air intake or if I should just splurge and do the entire exhaust and fp/dp all at once.
Sponsored