RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available!

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the difference in power output between catted and catless? Do you have any #s
No numbers yet, we are still testing the catted to make sure there are no CELs.

Do you have a link for installation? Planning on ordering soon
No install guides at the moment. The this is a pretty simple bolt on.

Picked up my RV6 3" down pipe with the 2.5" reducer! Beautiful product & craftsmanship!

Mine came with (3) studs & nuts for the reducer but no gasket. Does the stock front pipe gasket survive the tear down?
Yes, the stock downpipe to front pipe gasket is a Oring that is pressed in. We reuse them all the time, you can actually damage the groove trying to pry it out.
Sponsored

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
No numbers yet, we are still testing the catted to make sure there are no CELs.

No install guides at the moment. The this is a pretty simple bolt on.

Yes, the stock downpipe to front pipe gasket is a Oring that is pressed in. We reuse them all the time, you can actually damage the groove trying to pry it out.

I left that Ring you are talking about in the exhaust half of the pipe. The Ring came loose and started to rattle.

I had to remove the exhaust from the front pipe and remove it. Is this normal?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I left that Ring you are talking about in the exhaust half of the pipe. The Ring came loose and started to rattle.

I had to remove the exhaust from the front pipe and remove it. Is this normal?
My mistake, you are referring to the little donut gasket between the front pipe and exhaust correct? #6 in the diagram. I left mine in place but you can remove it.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available! upload_2018-7-12_10-8-17

The gasket on the front pipe should have came preinstalled like this. Let me know if you didn't get one.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available! upload_2018-7-12_10-11-8

RLYNX_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got my fp/dp installed on Saturday .... love it! Sounds amazing.
Only until morning as I got onto the highway, I got an emissions error code on my dash screen. Is this normal? Will it go away eventually? Is there a feature in Hondata to turn it off?

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my fp/dp installed on Saturday .... love it! Sounds amazing.
Only until morning as I got onto the highway, I got an emissions error code on my dash screen. Is this normal? Will it go away eventually? Is there a feature in Hondata to turn it off?
That is not normal the defouler should keep the CEL off. Here's what to do if you get a check engine light.

1. Did you pull the battery during the install? If not pull the battery for 1 minute and see if the code comes back.
2. If the code comes back get it read. You can do this with Ktuner or Hondata. If you do not have a flash system, most auto parts stores will read the codes for free.
3. Call us with the code and we can better advise.

RLYNX_Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Disconnecting the battery did the trick. Thanks for the quick response @RV6. :drive:

CW0731

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Elantra Gt, 2017 Civic Si
Is the ceramic coating really necessary to prevent corrosion? I thought stainless steel is inherently resistant to corrosion.

According to RV6 site..."Since all our products are high quality stainless steel, the coating is required to prevent corrosion."

Has RV6 (or anyone else) done engine bay heat tests with and without the coating? Is the engine bay temperature significantly effected with or without the coating?

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available! Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.53.44 PM

SUL73NAZ

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Does the ceramic coating decrease the service life of the front pipe or down pipe? I have heard of the ceramic coating causing welds to fail due to trapping the extra heat. Thanks.

CW0731

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Elantra Gt, 2017 Civic Si
This is probably a silly question but the RV6 is catless? I just placed my order and realized there was no option to select catted or catless.

Reactions: RV6

Legendarydust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si; 2018 Toyota Highlander Platinum
Country flag
The 1.5 RV6 downpipe is catless right now but I think they are working on one with a cat. The type r has a choice I think

OP
OP
RV6

RV6

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rv6-p.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2023 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does the ceramic coating decrease the service life of the front pipe or down pipe? I have heard of the ceramic coating causing welds to fail due to trapping the extra heat. Thanks.
We have never had issues with ceramic coating breaking things. We use only the highest quality welding techniques. All of our welds are back purged.

L15B7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Turbo
Country flag
We have never had issues with ceramic coating breaking things. We use only the highest quality welding techniques. All of our welds are back purged.
Ordered a Downpipe/front pipe with silver ceramic coating last week from your website. Look forward to installing it. I will def be posting a review. Keep up the great work guys.

MacKharoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2000,2017 hatch sport
Country flag
Ordered a Downpipe/front pipe with silver ceramic coating last week from your website. Look forward to installing it. I will def be posting a review. Keep up the great work guys.
You will enjoy it. I have it on my fk7

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@RV6 This one is full 3 inch correct?
May be in contact soon if it is!
Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 3.0" Frontpipe and Downpipe Now Available! rv6-c10g-15t6-
Sponsored