2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Guys is anyone experiencing rust in some parts of our CTR like engine mounts?
Sponsored

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
if you are talking about the machined surface on the motor mount bracket yes its going to rust its steel

OP
OP
2RBO_FK7

2RBO_FK7

First Name
Jaemiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
if you are talking about the machined surface on the motor mount bracket yes its going to rust its steel
It’s just to early to have rust for a bnew car man lol but anyway any recommendations how to remove it? Do you think wD40 is a safe yo use?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s just to early to have rust for a bnew car man lol but anyway any recommendations how to remove it? Do you think wD40 is a safe yo use?
Look into Krown rust proofing. $140 after tax, takes like 2 hours MAX at the dealership. They generally partner with dealerships. They literally warranty some stuff under the car if you do it when the car is less than 6 months old. It prevents oxygen from getting to the metal surface, which is what helps the rust to "grow" if you will. Therefore you can still do it if it's older, it will simply inhibit more rust from occurring. You do have to get it reapplied every year, but they send you a coupon. And to me, $140 a year to prevent rust is definitely worth it. I've heard nothing but good things. And they get EVERYWHERE. I have the stuff dripping out of my hatch still, but not a lot. I just wipe it when I see it. It goes away after a week or so.

Edit: Not sure what you can do about the already rusted parts except sand down and then do the rust proofing. I imagine it's nothing crazy given how new the car is.