darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Hello,

So as some of you may or may not know, when my car was only a few months old a wonderful individual ran over a huge piece of tire on the highway and it slammed into the hood of my car and dented it. I decided not to fix the dent because I had just gotten the car back 3 days prior for a hit and run. =/

Anyway, the spot where it is dented had a part that started to rust. I purchased the touch up paint pen kit, scraped out the rust, and covered it up.

Now, I noticed that a small amount of rust is forming again, like it pushed up through the spot.

Is this something that will never go away? I realize I am not an expert auto mechanic, but I am pretty sure I applied the paint and clear coat properly (it's not that hard). I really am not in the mood to go to an actual body shop and pay however much for them to essentially do the same thing.

I sincerely hope that I am not going to suffer from a prematurely rusting car.

Thoughts??
Sponsored

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
you didn't remove all the rust before painting it
Pretty sure I did, I was out there scraping for a while. I guess I will give it a go again, although it's cold as all insanity out there right now so ...

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Pretty sure I did, I was out there scraping for a while. I guess I will give it a go again, although it's cold as all insanity out there right now so ...
spray some primer on it first. They have ones that will help with rust too
Sponsored