Running different tires on front and rear

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
Has any one ran different tire on the front and rear?

Currently running OEM tires. (245/30/r20)

Caught a nail in my rear tire thats been plugged but it’s developed a slow leak. My tires are still very new <1k miles. I can either replace the tire with another oem one or I was thinking of doing swapping out both rear ones for a new set of PS4 at 255/35/r20.

That would mean my fronts will be 245/30r20 and my rears would be 255/35r20.

When my front tires wear out, I’ll swap them to 255/35 as well. Just wanted to avoid buying another oem tire since they wear out so quick.
Sponsored

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
will not be a problem. might cause the tpms light to come on, just hit calibrate and will learn the different sizes as normal. I ran 275-35-18 f and 245-40-18r, was only off by .1 ir .2 maybe. Just do not run different sizes on the front as it will wear out the limited slip diff.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
If you wait until your front tires wear out won't the rear tires be more worn when you replace the new ones? Seems like you would just be stuck in a cycle of having unevenly worn tires.

OP
OP

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
If you wait until your front tires wear out won't the rear tires be more worn when you replace the new ones? Seems like you would just be stuck in a cycle of having unevenly worn tires.
The oem tires have notoriously bad treadwear. The fronts should be gone pretty quick, so my rears should have healthy life in it by the time the oem fronts wear out.

OP
OP

mmmthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Country flag
will not be a problem. might cause the tpms light to come on, just hit calibrate and will learn the different sizes as normal. I ran 275-35-18 f and 245-40-18r, was only off by .1 ir .2 maybe. Just do not run different sizes on the front as it will wear out the limited slip diff.
Awesome, thanks for that info.
Sponsored