carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
Ya, those sensor errors were from it not seeing the correct voltage, so keep an eye out for them to happen again in the future if there is an issue with wiring etc. Misfires may have stemmed from those.

Not sure where the voltage irregularities stemmed from, but after getting a tow to the dealer this morning, they reinitialized all of the modules. All seems to be functioning normally for now. Going to ride on a few days of factory tune before attempting a retune. Thanks for the pointers.
Sponsored

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is a bump, but the closest I could find for this flash issue I am seeing. I tried to search and this was the best thread for it.

I have upgraded to the PRL Race MAF from the Street, and got both appropiate files from TSP1 tune.

Anyways, I am now trying to flash the Race tune but it has been doing these 2 issues.

1. The Flashing bar goes green all the way and then vanishes. There is no prompt to key off then to keynon after waiting a few seconds.

When this occurs, I just do another flash.

2. The tune uploads and I key off then key on after waiting seconds in between. Then a prompt comes up saying "Flash Successful" but immediately another prompt says "Flash Failed."

Why does this happen, was it successful or not??

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Ktuner is100 percent correct. Errors flashing when connected to lap top are 99 percent laptop issues. I’ve used hptuners often. It’s only laptop based. You really should have every app turned off and set screen saver to longer times than it takes to flash. Other possibilities are low car battery. Power drain in car.
Many laptop flashing systems require a Jump pack and a digital charger. This is cause many flashing options will terminate flash if voltage drops below a certain point to stop the risk of bricking ecu.
Other tips. Turn off ac and radio. Do not connect Bluetooth items to the car. Do not run other programs on car while flashing. This includes dataloggers. You should not open and close doors either. Touch nothing on the car during a flash. The reason for this is flashing through the obd port uses 2 communication wires to the ecu that happen to be connected to all other systems than can be read by a scanner. Even heating and ac data is through those same 2 wires. By using them you can potentially send a data signal through the wire during a flash corrupting the flash. The communication. Wires are basically jumpered from module to module.

I’ve had to repair these wires plenty of times as a diagnostics tech cause I’ve had cars with communication issues through obd2 port. In order to confirm a failed module like an abs module you absolutely must trace the communication wires to see if you e got a break. You can’t just say replace a module without confirmation. You should aslo not flash through something like a digital wide band that uses obd2 to datalog. It’s a jumper connector that you plugs into obd2 port that allows you to plug into the back of the connector so you get a digital wideband through it. It’s not used in 10th gen civic but it many other cars.

If you’ve had an obd2 port fail to read most times on cars it’s just a fuse. In order to use a scanner there must be a power at the port.
If the cars had an extra 2 wires for communication for every module there wouldn’t be enough pins in an obd2 connector to read everything. You can have over 20 separate modules in cars like Mercedes bmw ect.

ElGateKeeper

First Name
Ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
Ktuner is100 percent correct. Errors flashing when connected to lap top are 99 percent laptop issues. I’ve used hptuners often. It’s only laptop based. You really should have every app turned off and set screen saver to longer times than it takes to flash. Other possibilities are low car battery. Power drain in car.
Many laptop flashing systems require a Jump pack and a digital charger. This is cause many flashing options will terminate flash if voltage drops below a certain point to stop the risk of bricking ecu.
Other tips. Turn off ac and radio. Do not connect Bluetooth items to the car. Do not run other programs on car while flashing. This includes dataloggers. You should not open and close doors either. Touch nothing on the car during a flash. The reason for this is flashing through the obd port uses 2 communication wires to the ecu that happen to be connected to all other systems than can be read by a scanner. Even heating and ac data is through those same 2 wires. By using them you can potentially send a data signal through the wire during a flash corrupting the flash. The communication. Wires are basically jumpered from module to module.

I’ve had to repair these wires plenty of times as a diagnostics tech cause I’ve had cars with communication issues through obd2 port. In order to confirm a failed module like an abs module you absolutely must trace the communication wires to see if you e got a break. You can’t just say replace a module without confirmation. You should aslo not flash through something like a digital wide band that uses obd2 to datalog. It’s a jumper connector that you plugs into obd2 port that allows you to plug into the back of the connector so you get a digital wideband through it. It’s not used in 10th gen civic but it many other cars.

If you’ve had an obd2 port fail to read most times on cars it’s just a fuse. In order to use a scanner there must be a power at the port.
If the cars had an extra 2 wires for communication for every module there wouldn’t be enough pins in an obd2 connector to read everything. You can have over 20 separate modules in cars like Mercedes bmw ect.
Exactly! Taking your car to someone that has experience and the knowledge to diagnose and flash an ecu would be a good idea. Sometime you just have to leave it to the pros, this is an expensive machine, not an RC car. Ktuner is an amazing product. You have a loyal customer.
Sponsored