Rotating Tires on 2019 Honda Civic Si

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSi2019
Country flag
Hi guys maybe this has been asked before but has anyone their own tire rotation? If so, did you guys do front to back or different pattern? I have the high performance all season tires on my 2019 Si. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

cwcaesar

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just do this myself and I do front to back. I think the tires are directional so I don't swap sides.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
On FWD platforms you do front straight back, rear crossed to front.

Always move the "drive" wheels straight and the "non drive" wheels get crossed. This helps for the best even wear possible!

*If they are DIRECTIONAL tires they just get moved front to back*

Last edited:

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On FWD platforms you do front straight back, rear crossed to front.

Always move the "drive" wheels straight and the "non drive" wheels get crossed. This helps for the best even wear possible!

*If they are ROTATIONAL tires the just get moved front to back*
By "ROTATIONAL", I think you DIRECTIONAL.
Directional tires move straight forward and back, during a tire rotation.
The stock tires on a Gen X Si are not directional ... but may be asymmetric.
Asymmetric tires can be rotated just like traditional tires, and your above description of moving drive tires straight back, and crossing the rears coming forward is spot on.

I spent 20+ years in the family tire business, and I can tell you that the method you describe helps extend the tire life by at least 20%.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Asymmetric tires can be rotated just like traditional tires, and your above description of moving drive tires straight back, and crossing the rears coming forward is spot on.

I spent 20+ years in the family tire business, and I can tell you that the method you describe helps extend the tire life by at least 20%.
Yeah directional, sorry was on a quick break and typing fast lol

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'm stupid when I don't see visuals so I found this graphic:

Honda Civic 10th gen Rotating Tires on 2019 Honda Civic Si tire-rotation-patterns

So, the proper method is the third illustration "Front-Wheel Drive Vehicles" is that correct? Also, I'm gonna ASSUME that all tire shops or dealerships know to do this if they do the job?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm stupid when I don't see visuals so I found this graphic:

tire-rotation-patterns.jpg

So, the proper method is the third illustration "Front-Wheel Drive Vehicles" is that correct? Also, I'm gonna ASSUME that all tire shops or dealerships know to do this if they do the job?
Yes, the third diagram is the BEST way to rotate the tires on a car, unless the car has staggered tire sizes (then rotating them is pretty much pointless).

No, unfortunately, they don't ALL know the correct way to do it.

Honda dealership down here tried "rotating" the tires on my bosses S2000.
They put the rear (225/50) tires on the front (rotating in the wrong direction) and the front (205/55) front tires on the rear.
He wondered why it was handling funny ... front end stuck to the pavement like glue, and really easy to break the rear end loose!

When I pointed it out to him (the next day) he took me up there with him, to point out their error.
The service manager turned 50 shades of red (due to embarrassment) and offered free service for his next maintenance visit.
He also insisted that I accompany the car to the work bay, to supervise the work.

And people wonder why dealers get such a bad reputation?!?!?!?!?!

OP
OP
First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicSi2019
Country flag

I did the front to back method should. Should I switch them like the 3rd diagram?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the front to back method should. Should I switch them like the 3rd diagram?
If you are riding on tires that are NOT directional (look on the sidewall ... if you see the word "Rotation", your tires are directional), refer to diagram 3 for the proper method of rotation tires on a front wheel or all wheel drive car.

If you are riding on directional tires, then you can only rotate front to back (unless you pay for them to dismount/remount/rebalance all 4 tires, to execute the proper tire rotation)

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If yours are the stock Goodyear all seasons like mine are, I believe - at this point since you've already done a rotation - is just flip the fronts and you've completed the "proper" rotation.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If yours are the stock Goodyear all seasons like mine are, I believe - at this point since you've already done a rotation - is just flip the fronts and you've completed the "proper" rotation.
So if I haven’t rotated tires yet, should I follow 3?

Also I have these “weights” that are attached to each tire. Does moving them change the balance or anything I need to worry about?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So if I haven’t rotated tires yet, should I follow 3?

Also I have these “weights” that are attached to each tire. Does moving them change the balance or anything I need to worry about?
Yeah, follow diagram 3, rotate front to back and the rears to front and cross.

Unless you are experiencing noticeable vibration at certain speeds, your wheels shouldn't need rebalancing. When I acquired my Si wheels, I slapped them on my hatch and they were just fine. YMMV.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Discount tire does it for free homie no matter if you got the tires there or not

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Discount tire does it for free homie no matter if you got the tires there or not
Big fan of Discount Tire. They've fixed a couple of flats for me in the past, no charge either.
Sponsored