Roof Rack for 2017 Honda Civic hatchback and 2015 Honda Civic Fit

xcx4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 1989 bmw e30 325i
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a roof rack that will fit both a 2017 honda civic hatchback and a 2015 honda civic? My gf and I have both so we wanted a roofrack we could swap as needed...

To add to that, does anyone know if its a b*tch to install and or remove roof racks? If thats the case maybe we'll just each get our own..

Thanks in advance,
-Alex
Sponsored

techbrute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback, 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL, 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring
If you go the Thule/Yakima route, you basically buy 3 parts: crossbars, pedestals, and a car-specific fit kit.

All this is said knowing that neither Thule nor Yakima has released a fit kit for the 2017 Hatchback yet. I talked to them last week and they said they are currently working on it, and that it will be available this spring (hopefully).

I can say with some degree of confidence that the crossbars and pedestals will be the same between the two cars. This is based on the fact they are the same between the Honda Fit 5-door Hatchback and the Honda Civic 4-door Sedan. The fit kits are different, however.

So, I believe you can use two of the 3 parts between your two cars, but as far as the ease of doing so, I think you'll be disappointed. I have several of these kits, and you'll need to swap out the fit kits every time you move the rack back and forth, and you'll need to readjust the pedestal width. Once they are adjusted, putting the rack on and taking it off is actually really easy. But, if you have to readjust them between cars, you might want to look into a second rack set. That's what I do.