JJAY8175

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord 2007 Honda civic SI 97 Subaru Legacy 17 CTR CW #3892
Country flag
I don't have a huge issue with mice, but last year I did notice some small chew marks on my 07 SI wire harness. So this year I'll be damned if they're going to chew on my CTR while in storage this winter. I bought some rodent tape from Honda. They bite into this and they'll be looking for water quick. Has hot pepper mixed into the tape. Anyone that has rodent issues I thought I'd share this to help others keep the little bastard$ out.

I've also heard taking a dryer sheet and zip tie somewhere in the engine bay keeps them out. (human scent).

Honda Civic 10th gen Rodent tape from Honda v0ihXl2

Honda Civic 10th gen Rodent tape from Honda X7ixbMo

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I don't have a huge issue with mice, but last year I did notice some small chew marks on my 07 SI wire harness. So this year I'll be damned if they're going to chew on my CTR while in storage this winter. I bought some rodent tape from Honda. They bite into this and they'll be looking for water quick. Has hot pepper mixed into the tape. Anyone that has rodent issues I thought I'd share this to help others keep the little bastard$ out.

I've also heard taking a dryer sheet and zip tie somewhere in the engine bay keeps them out. (human scent).
Honda tends to think of everything. You think my fuel dilution could have been gone if I do not smell gas outside in my garage.

Last edited:

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Honda tends to think of everything. You think my fuel dilution could have been gone if I do not smell gas outside in my garage.
Including making wiring from soy based materials that rodents love more than other cars.
Sponsored