Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed blinking brake light bulbs on my Civic.....I can't find any definitive answers. I've driven around my area and have no issues with them. In fact I think people seem to give me more space driving...reading the pa state law it in theory should be allowable since brake lights are signalling lights and they go to solid after the flashes.

I'm just wondering if MD, DE, or VA people have any issues with having blinking brake lights? Or should I switch them to normal before my trip lol
Sponsored

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed blinking brake light bulbs on my Civic.....I can't find any definitive answers. I've driven around my area and have no issues with them. In fact I think people seem to give me more space driving...reading the pa state law it in theory should be allowable since brake lights are signalling lights and they go to solid after the flashes.

I'm just wondering if MD, DE, or VA people have any issues with having blinking brake lights? Or should I switch them to normal before my trip lol

Long as the brake lights are operable don’t see a issue in Maryland or Virginia.

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had mine in for a few months now, not a single problem with the law so far. Plenty of cops have been on my ass in that time, none of them have pulled me over after braking. Technically MD law says any modification to OEM lighting is illegal, but seems like the general feel is: so long as you don't go nuts on the colors/brightness, you'll be fine.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Driving through Virginia won’t be a big deal. Only issue is if you’re a resident.
Sponsored