Car(s):
    17 Civic Hatch EX
    Update... Was just a nail in the tire.

cryoshok and tacthecat thanked this.
  2. cryoshok

cryoshok Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic EX
    I appear to be having this exact same problem with only my rear left tire! Guess I'll have it checked for leaks at the upcoming service!

3. canalrun

canalrun Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Sedan Touring
    Hello,
    I brought the car in to the Honda place twice. It improved slightly but still triggered the TPS every few weeks.
    I went to a local tire shop and paid $20 to have them check for leaks. They cleaned the tire and rim seals and remounted the the tire.
    This was early summer and it's been good since then.

Barry.

MutatedMango thanked this.
  4. MutatedMango

MutatedMango Senior Member

Student
    Car(s):
    '19 Civic Si coupe
    The exact same thing and tire is happening to me. What ended up happening with yours?

5. cryoshok

cryoshok Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic EX
    Hi there, I had this problem for a good long while.. The first time I took it to the dealership and told them about it they checked everything and said there were no issues the techs could find (and I was too lazy to try and make them double check). I eventually went back after a long while for another regular service and had them check again...again they said it was all good - so I told them they need to check more carefully because it is definitely losing air faster than the rest and has been for some time. They ended up finding a nail in the one tire (somehow they missed it....TWICE!). So that ended up being the issue that caused this for me.

6. tacthecat

tacthecat Senior Member

Car(s):
    '12 Civic Si Sedan, '98 Civic EX Coupe 5MT
    A nail with a small head (finish nail), or one that is worn from being in the tread, is very difficult to see even if the tire is off the car.
    Had one a few years back that was loosing a pound a week with the other 3 tires loosing none - took quite a while to find a roofing nail with a worn-off head in the tread.