ride quality story

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i went out on my first real drive yesterday. wanted to test the mpg, but during the drive it dawned on me that the ride quality was too harsh for some. up to this time i though it was fine for me, i started to pay attention to it . yeah i did notice the road feel more over the lx hatch. i then put it in sport mode, did notice even more of the road an then what was like wash board but father apart giving a stiff bounce like a truck. oh boy let see how much better it feels with sport off wow took a few seconds and it got real smooth. later i thought iv'e never noticed how crappy that interchange was.

turns out it was at the time of the earth quake yesterday, at the ca23w to 101s interchange. bout 120 miles away from the epi.
Sponsored

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Try a 2015 wrx on comp yellows for 40k miles that need new shocks now lol Part of the reason im looking at a new Si is because of the good ride quality......

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I think his point was that he was driving during yesterday's earthquake near SoCal and mistaken that as bad ride quality. Back in 87 I was driving my brothers Suzuki Samarai in Los Angeles in front of LA City college, suddenly the car began to shake, I thought it was a flat tire but I saw people running everywhere and realized it was an earthquake. Classes were cancelled, I was never more thankful to God for an earthquake

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
I was in CA during Landers and Northridge quakes in the 90's. Not fun at all. I also have been in the car during other small quakes and could feel them. More than a little scary when the world starts moving.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I think his point was that he was driving during yesterday's earthquake near SoCal and mistaken that as bad ride quality. Back in 87 I was driving my brothers Suzuki Samarai in Los Angeles in front of LA City college, suddenly the car began to shake, I thought it was a flat tire but I saw people running everywhere and realized it was an earthquake. Classes were cancelled, I was never more thankful to God for an earthquake
Back in 1987 I was working for a company (transcontrol) in New York that was building the LA and Long Beach railway and that quake postponed the build for a couple of years

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My bad, I dont reside in Cali. never thought I would make a post about a few seconds of life.
Sometimes it's good to change things up a bit to break the monotony, but honestly you would have to be from around the 1980's to understand the earthquake analogy, even if you are from California, as the last major earthquake in SoCal was the Northridge earthquake, most younger members of this forum didn't get it either, so I get why you missed it

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag
Sometimes it's good to change things up a bit to break the monotony, but honestly you would have to be from around the 1980's to understand the earthquake analogy, even if you are from California, as the last major earthquake in SoCal was the Northridge earthquake, most younger members of this forum didn't get it either, so I get why you missed it
I'm from the 80's and it's been written about quite a bit in the news.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Sometimes it's good to change things up a bit to break the monotony, .....
Agree. And - I sort of think of us as "friends / acquaintances at least and sometimes a "story" might be appreciated especially if it starts from the driver's seat of our beloved SI's. Also, I never understand when someone doesn't get value out of a post, why they continue to engage on it or revisit it. I got some feedback once on this forum that my titles were not the best so I try to improve them for this very reason.

Oh well.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agree. And - I sort of think of us as "friends / acquaintances at least and sometimes a "story" might be appreciated especially if it starts from the driver's seat of our beloved SI's. Also, I never understand when someone doesn't get value out of a post, why they continue to engage on it or revisit it. I got some feedback once on this forum that my titles were not the best so I try to improve them for this very reason.

Oh well.
Just like the real world, forums are made up of nice people, and angry miserable people who have a need to spread it. Oh yeah, and trolls

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I forgot to add and from California
It’s bad for you guys out there at 51 years old I’ve been through a few hurricanes in New York and Florida but you know when a hurricane is coming unfortunately you don’t with a earthquake. I understand you guy got hit sometime today. Be safe
Sponsored